IGNORED

Before I Throw It Away

GolfVenture

What is the condition of the chrome side bag and engine guard items? All road rashed, bent, and/or broken?

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88 Venture

The only usable piece is the left rear side bag guard. There is road rash on the part that extends out to the side. About 6 inches long and pretty bad. Then more road rash only not as bad.

So Brian,

Have you given any thought to what to get to replace the 91?

Actually I have an 89 VR with 26K miles in really nice conditionbut not as nice as the 91 VR was. The 91 VR was about a 9.5, the 89 VR is about 8.5 to 9.0 You can see it in my profile. I would have sold it this spring only the left 2 cylinders were not getting fuel so I kept it to fix later.

Glad I kept it around. Miles (Million Mile Rider) came up and help me fix the carburator and put some other pieces together. It runs good now. But I won't be able to ride it till next year, for I have some more hand sugury and then therapy.

I'm keeping most parts of the 91 VR for spare parts.

I'm moving as must salvageable acessories to the 89 VR. It is already starting to look really nice.

Do you do any plastic welding? If so save the ABS plastic for either tab buildup of fills.

I've never done plastic welding. My limit of fixing plastic is to use PlasticX.

I'll have to think about saving all that plastic. I'm going through my garages to organize and throw some stuff I've been keeping for a long time.

I'm keeping most parts of the 91 VR for spare parts.

I'm moving as must salvageable acessories to the 89 VR. It is already starting to look really nice.

I did the same thing, I was lucky enough to find a clone 84 parts bike which had all the bling I needed. I stripped her down, crated the drivetrain & boxed all the parts.

Best $600 I ever spent!

Oh since you are online, do me a favor. LMK when you send out the Superbrace so I can keep an eye out for it. I will email you when it arrives.

I've never done plastic welding. My limit of fixing plastic is to use PlasticX.

I'll have to think about saving all that plastic. I'm going through my garages to organize and throw some stuff I've been keeping for a long time.

I posted a few how to videos using the Harbor freight plastic welder & a Dremel. Very simple to use even to piece 2 broken pieces together. I did all the faring cracks & tab rebuilding on my 84 & it is as strong as new.