Without going out to look.....I believe the top fuse goes to the stud/bolt at the top of the fuse box for accessories.

Dave

The repair manual does show the fuse you refer to is for the accessories. I suspect that one of the accessories is going to ground. Disconnect the wires and test each wire for continuity to ground. Good luck!!

Edited by utadventure

Battery electrolyte level sensor on my 1983 is connected to a white with red stripe. That jives with Dingy's 1983 wiring diagram as well.

hello,

does anyone sell a battery that allows the sensor to be used. if not, how is it disable so the light goes out on my panel?

On MKII bikes the top fuse is the ACC but that may be incidental. Normally the fuse is much higher rated than worst case expected load so it is definitely an indicator to find and fix. My first thought would be a pinched wire or splice has come loose. Under the seat and near the trunk are prone to a lot of shaking and jostling but that is just my experience.

Like the earlier comment... what doesn't work with the fuse out?

Ignition, headlights, flashers, radio, dash?

My fuse box on my 89 just went to crap on Friday. I found out I didn't have a front headlight when I stopped at a light behind a work truck that had a rear window and my reflection showed no headlight. Turned out that the fuse holder, not the fuse, had given up. Needed something ASAP so I went to a local speed shop and found a 2 block fuse holder.

Wired it up with one block that turned on with accessory and moved all the aux lights to the block that turned on with the ignition on setting. Try replacing the fuse block with an updated block. Could just be an old wire/connection.

Look in the VR Tech section this website. There is a complete write up there on how to replace the Fuse Block with an ATM type Fuse block. Avialable most auto parts stores. Use TWO 6 fuse holders, this way you will have extra fuses. for adding things, and also its good idea to rewire the Fuel pump, and one tail light, and Horn, and maby a few other things, onto a seperate fuse.

Everything works.......... but the battery fault warning on the computer and flashing red light comes on. I've already done the mod to dispence with the electrolite low level indicator 12 months ago.

Jim O'D.....

According to the owners manual, the battery warning is only tied to the fluid level in the battery.

If you are seeing the battery icon displayed, your repair may need repaired.

Picture of monitor attached, battery is center row top.

Gary