IGNORED

Generator Propane Conversion Kits?

RSTDdog

The kits I have seen are either bi fuel ( gas Propane) or tri fuel. Don't have natural gas available here, but it seems most kits are tri fuel. There are some that are dedicated that won't let you run gasoline again.

Want to convert for convenience mostly. Gasoline doesn't store well. Have to drain and dry out carb every year prepping for hurricane season. Bi Fuel would give me more options for fueling also.

One real good reason to convert to propane is the $hi++y fuel we get now. :thumbdown: Nothing like ethanol in a device that spends most of it's life sitting and waiting. There are repair shops here with racks full of chainsaws, weed eaters, and generators waiting for carb rebuilds or new carbs.

No matter what the fuel is treated with actually.

Being honest I didn't even know it was an option. I have a 200 gallon torpedo tank that sits 10 from where I will run my generator if needed.

I'm storing my brand new generator the best way I can think of. Added the oil, pulled the rope a time or 3 and put it back in the box. I'll fuel it and fire it the next time I need it.

I have converted a number of power trowel's that had 6.5 hp Honda's on them. Easy to convert and run fine. You can buy the kit's or buy parts for less money like I did. Best price and good company is US Carburetion in Summersville WV. I would convert to Ng if you have it

I have converted a number of power trowel's that had 6.5 hp Honda's on them. Easy to convert and run fine. You can buy the kit's or buy parts for less money like I did. Best price and good company is US Carburetion in Summersville WV. I would convert to Ng if you have it

The website for US carburetion seems to have the most comprehensive info and one of the first links I saw on google. http://www.propane-generators.com/

Have you dealt with them before? Got any more info on the DIY conversion you did?

Thanks

• 1 year later...