IGNORED

is this Road Star a good deal?

reddevilmedic

Can't say whether it's a good deal or not as I've been out of touch with that market. The Roady is a great bike though. A lot different from the Venture but if that's the style your after, you can't go wrong. Here's a good forum to learn about the Road Star.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=1602&nav=start&prettyurl=%2F1602%2Fstart&gid=155567289

Well I totaled my Venture about 3 months ago. I was already looking around for a different bike as I turned 71 this year and was having more slow speed handling problems with the Venture.

After considering several bikes I went with the Road Star. I really enjoy this bike. Good power and great handling. No worries about dumping the bike in a parking lot or trying to turn around on a narrow 2 lane road. I bought a new 2010 with windshield and hard bags for 12K

I would recomment you ride one if you are not familar with them and then decide.

I had a 2000 Road Star with 1600cc engine for just over 4 years and put on 60,000klms before trading in on 2012 Venture. Really liked it! Had white walls which gave it the nastalgic look(old school) -studded seats and saddle-bags .It has a lower seating height which makes it easier to handle. Had good power and nice ride. Wife had problems with seats for comfort tho.

Nice looking especially with the dual exhaust, but maybe alittle high on price. Est around $6000-6500. When I traded my rstd last year I couldn't sell it for $6500. The RS gets better fuel mileage and may not have the whine and belt drive (better to me) and doesn't have the lower fairing of the RSTD (also better to me). The only negative is no cruise. Couldn't say about riding two up.

I would sell you My 06 Stratoliner 1900cc in same setup for $8.000.00 Milage is 22000 K, and has all bells and whesles as road star, even better. Just get back from Pork in the Pines, and bike is in perfect riding condition.

You can ask guys on site how flawless is , many of our members have chance to see bike at FreeBirds maintanace Day and Pork in Pines

Give me a call, Ph# is in my userCP.

and yeah you are in Michigan... for few beers you get free delivery of bike. :group cheers:

I had an '03 Roadstar Silverado for a little over a year, and I absolutley loved that old bike. It is a completely different ride from a Venture, not nearly as heavy, with a much lower center of gravity. Those were the reasons I bought it when I had to give up my '04 Venture because of back surgery. I listed mine on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago and sold it the 3rd day, $4500 w/18k miles. He appears to be just a little high on the price, $6500 would be a little more in line I think. It does have several $$'s in accy's, and most people say that you can't count them into a sale price. But it's been my experience that those are $$'s that YOU won't be spending if you like the bike's style. That dual exhaust system is about $700 by itself. The only thing to check is if the transmission recall has been done, I think it went up thru the '07's. It's a good looking ride too, good luck with your decision.

I would sell you My 06 Stratoliner 1900cc in same setup for $8.000.00 Milage is 22000 K, and has all bells and whesles as road star, even better. Just get back from Pork in the Pines, and bike is in perfect riding condition.

You can ask guys on site how flawless is , many of our members have chance to see bike at FreeBirds maintanace Day and Pork in Pines

Give me a call, Ph# is in my userCP.

and yeah you are in Michigan... for few beers you get free delivery of bike. :group cheers:

is it a midnight? where are the pics?? i looked in your profile.....

found this one on ebay...tell me what you think? i dont know anything about the 1700cc RS., thanks.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Yamaha-RoadStar-Midnight-Silverado-XV1700-Many-Extras-New-Pics-Show-Winner-/261088395944?forcev4exp=true#ht_4223wt_1165.

Not too bad of a deal but, I could tell you where you can get a brand new 2009 Roady or Roady S in Michigan for a pretty good discounted price. We got my wife's 2009 Roady from them and she loves it. New from the crate 0 miles on the odometer, when the Venture is paid off I might get one for me for a solo rider.