IGNORED

My polished pieces are on.

I finally finished installing all the crankcase covers. The dealer ordered the wrong gaskets. I don't understand how, when they have a picture right in front of them, and I pointed out the gaskets I needed. I topped off the fluids and went for a ride. The Temp gauge wouldn't quit climbing. Well, long story short, Rocket to the rescue. I now know there is a by-pass valve to assist in bleeding off any air in the system. I will continue to monitor this with short rides until there is overheating issues. Thanks Rocket! :happy34::happy34:

Yea... what they say about the pictures !!

and Rocket is the best with advice and help. Like they say ....he is a real sweetheart ! lol

I put it into thermostat bypass mode, after getting the check ball to finally move & ran the bike for a while.

Another friend of mine & I started his jeep a little later (bypassed the fuel tank first). This jeep has not been started in about 12 years. Today, we did some more carb adjustments, set the timing, broke the clutch disk free & put the rear wheels up on ramps. Another weekend we will pull the jeep fuel tank, for clean out or possible replacement, depending on what is found during checkout. Now in planning stages, for the re-build of the jeep brake system.

:mo money::mo money::mo money:

But his wife & daughter is happy, that the jeep project is now underway........ :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I took the bike out for short ride this morning, and no overheating problems. Life is better now. I have a month to ride it before I'm out to sea again. We're headed to San Francisco for fleet week.

Oh. Yes, the pictures are on my phone so will add them later.

It's now later!

Edited by Oldseadog
adding pictures