IGNORED

Yesterday, Suddenly

Marcarl

It does happen, well it seems to anyways,,, and it's not the first time she went and did this,,,can't blame me really, I mean I was trying everything and I really wasn't looking forward to do any straining or hard work. Ya I know, I should have been more cautious out there in the farmers' field doing a slow turn, but crap happens and it happened again yesterday. And then the smoke started coming out of the wires,,, oh no, that means I might have to walk home,,, not a good thing either,,, but hey, all is well that ends well,,, right????

Now the story.

Went for a nice ride yesterday to Wainfleet ONT to enjoy the times of yesteryear. Lots to see and do. Followed our fearless leader over hill and vale, around curves and corners, dodged pot holes and road kill and finally ended up at our destination, but alas there was limited parking for kickstand bikes, but if we did a u-turn in a field we could park on some gravel... good thought,,,,, until,,,,,,,,,,,,, well that's where it happened, doing a slow turn, unable to give much throttle, through pasture, the front wheel decided to head further left than it was designed and Scamper did a slow roll over. All seemed to be ok, except for Marca who decided not to stay put,(can't say as I blame her) and put her foot out and promptly fell over and hurt her shoulder, (it's ok now). She says she knows better, we have been down before and she stayed put with absolutely no damage at all,,, interesting to see that,,,, bike on it's side and Marca sitting there yet like it's going somewhere, but not this time. Got help from Wayne and Steve to set Scamper back up and view any damage.

Not much really, a broken air wing, a mirror facing the wrong way, hiway peg not in the right spot and just a little smoke coming out of a wire,,, life was good, could have been serious.

Turns out, the smoke was coming out of the running light wire, right where it attached to the fuse block,,,was a loose connection, but rode home with the 4 ways on until I could get it fixed,,,, ready to ride again,,,, 10 am Monday.

Freebird will want to keep me as a member,,, I pay well.

It does happen, well it seems to anyways,,, and it's not the first time she went and did this,,,can't blame me really, I mean I was trying everything and I really wasn't looking forward to do any straining or hard work. Ya I know, I should have been more cautious out there in the farmers' field doing a slow turn, but crap happens and it happened again yesterday. And then the smoke started coming out of the wires,,, oh no, that means I might have to walk home,,, not a good thing either,,, but hey, all is well that ends well,,, right????

Now the story.

Went for a nice ride yesterday to Wainfleet ONT to enjoy the times of yesteryear. Lots to see and do. Followed our fearless leader over hill and vale, around curves and corners, dodged pot holes and road kill and finally ended up at our destination, but alas there was limited parking for kickstand bikes, but if we did a u-turn in a field we could park on some gravel... good thought,,,,, until,,,,,,,,,,,,, well that's where it happened, doing a slow turn, unable to give much throttle, through pasture, the front wheel decided to head further left than it was designed and Scamper did a slow roll over. All seemed to be ok, except for Marca who decided not to stay put,(can't say as I blame her) and put her foot out and promptly fell over and hurt her shoulder, (it's ok now). She says she knows better, we have been down before and she stayed put with absolutely no damage at all,,, interesting to see that,,,, bike on it's side and Marca sitting there yet like it's going somewhere, but not this time. Got help from Wayne and Steve to set Scamper back up and view any damage.

Not much really, a broken air wing, a mirror facing the wrong way, hiway peg not in the right spot and just a little smoke coming out of a wire,,, life was good, could have been serious.

Turns out, the smoke was coming out of the running light wire, right where it attached to the fuse block,,,was a loose connection, but rode home with the 4 ways on until I could get it fixed,,,, ready to ride again,,,, 10 am Monday.

Freebird will want to keep me as a member,,, I pay well.

We Understand It's happened to the best of us.:whistling:

Glad everyone is ok. Hope Marca or you didn't hurt anything that will show up later. These bikes are heavy and we think we can hold them up.

I hate riding in fields as much as riding on gravel. Have a great weekend and safe ride on Monday.

Marca says she's still too young to put out to pasture, so she's riding again tomorrow.

So now I'm being limited,, no more u-turns, no more scenic routes, no more gravel roads, no more farmers' barn yards and now no more going out to pasture,,,,,, what's this riding thing coming to:think:

Marca says she's still too young to put out to pasture, so she's riding again tomorrow.

So now I'm being limited,, no more u-turns, no more scenic routes, no more gravel roads, no more farmers' barn yards and now no more going out to pasture,,,,,, what's this riding thing coming to:think:

Ohhh I don't think you can avoid going out to pasture.:confused24:.......Just won't be able to do with the scoot :whistling:

In the mean time I am glad none got seriously hurt :thumbsup2:

Marca says she's still too young to put out to pasture...

...so why do you keep trying to take her there?!

I'm sure that, as you keep making your bike look more and more ratty, Marca will insist that she would look much better on a pristine brown '86 VR... (maybe I'll switch my target market.)

...so why do you keep trying to take her there?!

I'm sure that, as you keep making your bike look more and more ratty, Marca will insist that she would look much better on a pristine brown '86 VR... (maybe I'll switch my target market.)

What???????? you haven't sold it yet,,,, you're asking too much I bet.

Okay.... make that three now for the trike. I think Marca would look quite regal sitting back there :smile5: [And glad you are both okay]

She regal enough, doesn't want a trike.

I've seen Carl riding in the passenger seat. Maybe Marca should get her license, trade the 1st Gen on a Spyder, and let Marca do the driving !

Oh you don't know what you're suggesting, don't even go there!!!

As I recall Marca rather enjoyed being a passenger on one....hmmm? Lots of advantages..do I need to list them or have you lost your glasses too? Lol

She loves the bike, even after the trike, she says there no place like home,,,,, or the pasture

Patti:cool10: