IGNORED

home from dealer valve adjustment

kyle

well here it is, got home this a.m. from our dealer valve adjustment in southern indiana. Lets start with obermyer yamaha being a first class operation, rolled into town "jasper" on thurs. p.m to drop off bike and get to the hotel. I was told they would have a loaner

bike available and they did, a 2008 star raider with only 4500 miles more on that later.

any way my 2005 rsv with 45,000 miles was in the shop for its 1ST valve check and it only had "one" valve out of spec. #4 inside intake was tight and swapped a 280 for a 275 and that was it. I was thinking there would be 3 or 4 outta spec but was happy with only one. 4 fresh plugs and new coolant and it was ready to go and only paid $320 which to me is a good deal considering a loaner bike for a day and a half. I usually never go to a dealer mech. but this one just did not sound like a good time and besides we made it a mini vacation, saw some sights and did a train ride, it was all good. If you ever get a chance to stop in jasper i recomend it, nice town with good people and a great yamaha dealer. I'm in the market for a smallish crotch rocket for commuting to work and I will buy it at obermyers !!!

Edited by kyle
mispell

Dang that was a ways to get to a mechanic. Nice riding though. I grew up in Shoals, go back there 2 or 3 times a year. Nice riding over by the French Lick area.

Glad you got the scoot looked at.

BOO

well here it is, got home this a.m. from our dealer valve adjustment in southern indiana. Lets start with obermyer yamaha being a first class operation, rolled into town "jasper" on thurs. p.m to drop off bike and get to the hotel. I was told they would have a loaner

bike available and they did, a 2008 star raider with only 4500 miles more on that later.

any way my 2005 rsv with 45,000 miles was in the shop for its 1ST valve check and it only had "one" valve out of spec. #4 inside intake was tight and swapped a 280 for a 275 and that was it. I was thinking there would be 3 or 4 outta spec but was happy with only one. 4 fresh plugs and new coolant and it was ready to go and only paid $320 which to me is a good deal considering a loaner bike for a day and a half. I usually never go to a dealer mech. but this one just did not sound like a good time and besides we made it a mini vacation, saw some sights and did a train ride, it was all good. If you ever get a chance to stop in jasper i recomend it, nice town with good people and a great yamaha dealer. I'm in the market for a smallish crotch rocket for commuting to work and I will buy it at obermyers !!!