IGNORED

Great Service Dept

hunter 1500

Roadside Marine in Williston VT. When I did my clutch upgrade I must had either pinched the gasket or didn't scrape it off good and now I have a very small leak. I stopped to get a new gasket and the one they had was broken but he gave me a tube of stuff they use and said try this with the broken gasket and just drop the tube off when I have a chance. He gave me the broken gasket no charge. They are great people there.

So I took the cover off and the old/new gasket was perfect. I was able to take it off without hurting it. There were a couple spots that wern't perfectly clean so I got out the razorblade and cleaned them so all I could see was clean metal all the way around and put it back together using a criss cross pattern and torqued them all to 86 inch lbs and there is still some oil leaking from somewhere but I don't think it is there.

I wonder if I overfilled the oil last oil change. Would I see oil down near the clutch cover if I over filled it?

The clutch cover is pretty cut and dry, to my knowledge there isn't a copper crush washer on it. Oil is a funny thing, I have had it leak on the left side of the bike and the leak come from the right. I would clean it well underneath and ride it a bit to pinpoint it.