IGNORED

blinker fluid

dacheedah

i fitted a set of these and haven't had to balance the carbs since Spark plugs are often misunderstood by most people. A spark plug's name is quite literal. They are designed to plug the line - and suppress any spark that may come through. Of course, you know what happens if a spark finds an open fuel source!! That could get ugly! KaleCoAuto extra retardant plugs block 99% of spark, and allow 95% of ignition molecules to pass through. That's 25% more than the competition, and unlike the competition, KaleCoAuto plugs never need cleaning.

Folks, I don't want to start a debate here over synthetic vs. dino based blinker fluid but I strongly recommend that if your bike is over about 5 years old or 40,000 miles that you NOT switch to synthetic blinker fluid. It can cause leaks in such cases. I had a very good friend that swapped to synthetic fluid at 45,000 miles and it caused the light from his blinkers to drip out onto the ground.

Folks, I don't want to start a debate here over synthetic vs. dino based blinker fluid but I strongly recommend that if your bike is over about 5 years old or 40,000 miles that you NOT switch to synthetic blinker fluid. It can cause leaks in such cases. I had a very good friend that swapped to synthetic fluid at 45,000 miles and it caused the light from his blinkers to drip out onto the ground.

Listen to Freebird, I switched to the synthetic on my RSV MM at around 60,000 miles and my rear blinkers became clear and slowed way down. Now I am trying to figure out a fix..

Listen to Freebird, I switched to the synthetic on my RSV MM at around 60,000 miles and my rear blinkers became clear and slowed way down. Now I am trying to figure out a fix..

I agree. Be careful. I have a friend that has a brother-in-law and his girlfriend changed to synthetic blinker fluid on her ZX250. Now light leaks all over the ground from just in front of the center stand.

:shock3:

I believe the light is still good, even after leaking out of the blinkers. I'd catch it in a bucket and save it.

If you do use Blinker Fluid in your muffler bearings be sure to use the synthetic kind as it will hold up to the heat better.There seems to be a lot of hot air going over the muffler bearings these days.:whistling:

Try using that new blinker fluid on the radiator valves . . . adds at least 10HP !!!

OK Everyone....................I found a fix and it was so simple I can not believe it took me this long to figure it out.

Are you ready for it????????????

Wait for it.......................

SEA FOAM fixed the problem:whistling::rotf:

Folks, I guess I should have done a little research before posting my warning about NOT using the synthetic blinker fluid in an older or higher mileage bike.

Apparently, this is a sensitive issue. Just minutes after submitting that post, I received an email from a "trial member" here suggesting that I delete my post or they will be sending me a "cease and desist" order first thing on Monday.

I did a little searching and found out that this trial member not only is a major stock holder in the new synthetic blinker fluid product but also the major distributor of that product. So, his opinion is not exactly non-biased.

Apparently there have been a few claims that the synthetic blinker fluid may cause light leakage but according to the company, these claims are totally unsubstantiated and such posts are causing irrevocable damage to their company.

I am not usually one to back down when I feel that I am correct in my opinion but to be completely honest, I have neither the time nor the money to defend myself against a lawsuit at this time. Therefore, I had made the decision to delete my post and just let it be.

This is where it gets even more interesting. No sooner had I come to the conclusion to delete my post when I received yet another email. Apparently this is an issue that a few people are watching and continuously searching the Internet for. This second email was from an attorney whom is gathering evidence in preparation of filing a class action lawsuit against this company. The attorney told me that she needs a person who is knowledgeable about motorcycles who can help her gather the necessary evidence to prove that this synthetic blinker fluid is causing problems.

I replied to her that though I admire and appreciate what she is doing to help protect the biker community, that I just didn't have the time to help. With my full time job and running this club, I just really don't have the time to get involved in this.

She replied that she understood but to please reconsider my decision. She sent me a picture and asked that I study her credentials. I had told her that if I WERE to get involved, that I would insist on seeing it out to the end. NO out of court settlements. I want it to go to a jury trial so that the company cannot agree to any type of settlement that does not include admitting guilt. She assured me that if I would agree to help her, that we would take it to trial. She also promis...uh...I mean warned me that this could take many months, possibly years, and would no doubt require MANY very late nights.

Folks, I don't have time for this but upon studying her....credentials...I have decided that I would be remiss to turn my back on this important issue. This is a gosh darn dangerous safety issue and if I can't find the time to step up and do my part in defense of not only the fine members here but the motorcycling community at large then I have no right to call myself a motorcycle enthusiast.

Therefore,, I am letting you all know that after taking a very close look at her...credentials....I am taking up this cause. My responses to your PMs and emails may be a little delayed, especially in the evenings but I will get back to you as soon as possible. I expect to drag this...I mean for THEM to drag this out for as long as possible so there is no telling how long it might take. I am not as young as I once was so please keep me in your thoughts and hope that I have the stamina to see this through to the end.

The attorney has asked that all correspondence regarding this issue be routed through me at this time. I will be meeting with her on a VERY regular basis. She does not wish to have her name revealed at this time but just to show that this is a serious issue, she has granted me permission to share her picture.

Please wish us luck.

Don

Edited by Freebird