IGNORED

Roh roh!!!

sarges46

Big Bob and I went out this evening to fill up the bikes to be ready for the morning lift off.

Guess who's bike won't run? Yep...mine!

Fuel pump for sure.

Tried all the tricks banging on it, key off and on, nothing no noise just nothing. It does get hot though when we try and start the bike up.

BTW the bike will run a little until the gas is gone from the carbs.

We have been out and about trying to get an after market one. The good stores are closed...ie NAPA etc.

So tomorrow AM I am heading the bike shops and see if they have something lying around I can use of hit those other stores. Our Yamaha dealer folded up two months ago...perfect huh.

Run it without the fuel pump. Run the hose from the tank to the carbs and disconnect the fuel pump from the power. Keep the tank 1/2 full or more.

:farmer:

Like Jim said, Gravity Feed. I found my 2009 post about it(below). I ran for a week, almost 1000 miles until the dealer could get one in.

Mine went at about 50k. If you get stuck, like Wizard said, you can re-route the fuel line to the carbs. in 15 minutes. Remove the seat, remove the rear tank bolt, lift the rear of the tank for access to the carb port. Pull the line off the top of the filter and re-route it to the carbs. (obviously you have to pull the line that came from the bottom of the pump to the carb.)

Make sure you have a good needle nose pliers for the clamps. Oh, and a flashlight incase it happens at night. You should also open the left side cover and disconnect the electrical connection to the pump so it won't try to poop out any remaining gas.

If you think you may do this for a while, buy a small cheap inline filter and a couple of inches of gas line and put it inline close to the fuel cutoff valve.

You are good for lot's of miles this way. Might have issues if you let the tank get too low.

Ah, and don't smoke while you are doing this!

progress.gif

from the goose

Fuel Pump - Most external low pressure/low volume fuel pumps should work - stock pump has a 3 PSI rating and costs over $200. Look for a solid state pump sold for old VWs or jeeps. Here are a couple of links for replacement pumps under $50:

Autozone 4-7 PSI NOTE: since this pump is double the pressure of the stock pump, I would not use it unless I could not find any other.

Autozone 2-3 1/2 PSI

JCW 1 1/2-4 PSI

JCW 1 1/2-3 1/2 PSI

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mr.+Gasket/720/42S/10002/-1

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...facetpumps.php Parts 40105 and 40171

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...067330545&An=0

I just got back from running around town. Found a Facet 42s. Going to hook it up now as soon as I figure out the flow direction thingy. Got to check the pics on the other posts relating to this.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals!

I just got back from running around town. Found a Facet 42s. Going to hook it up now as soon as I figure out the flow direction thingy. Got to check the pics on the other posts relating to this.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals!

I was just talking with his daughter, they left a couple of hours ago or so. Apparently Rick did it himself (maybe with guidence from Big Bob or his wife / mechanic). There may be hope for him yet & this can be a test of his repair job. :stickpoke: