IGNORED

"Stebel Returns"... where'd they go?

XV1100SE

Looking to see if Stebel has a distributor in Canada. A location I had purchased mine from before no longer lists it on their product page. Went to Stebel's home page and the banner says "we are now back in business".

http://www.stebel.it/stebel2012/default.asp

Considering replacing the stock horn in the left lower fairing. One question ... is there room for a Stebel Nautilus (or Wolo Bad Boy) ? Second question... how loud will it be considering it is inside the lower? Better place to mount it? (off engine guard above and to the right of the toe shifter was a consideration)

Edited by XV1100SE

I have just seen a thread of someone who mounted it on the front of the fairing. It looked like he made a bracket that fit the passing lamp bar. I just mounted mine beside my right foot but I think if you want to get someone's attention who is in front of you, the front of the bike may be better. I think the thread is about a week old.

I replaced the stock horn on the right side a couple years ago with a Stebel. If I mount another Stebel/Wolo I'd prefer to put it inside the left lower or another location on the left side of the bike rather than on the forks.

For those that have two Stebel horns.... is it that much louder than just having one?

I replaced the stock horn on the right side a couple years ago with a Stebel. If I mount another Stebel/Wolo I'd prefer to put it inside the left lower or another location on the left side of the bike rather than on the forks.

For those that have two Stebel horns.... is it that much louder than just having one?

Short answer, YES.

If one of my 2 Bad Boys horns dies, I will replace it.

I have one on each side of the bike.

With my two Bad Boys horns, one is a year older than the other, I started out with one for a year. But when I hit the horns the frequencies are just slightly different so it sets up a beat frequency of around 4 Hz in the final tone, very attention getting.

With a single horn I was only able to occasionally get people to drop a cell phone. With the dual horns they now often drop the phone, and just a few days ago I finally hit the holy grail and got someone to throw the phone out the open car window. :thumbsup:

I looked at installing one inside the left front cover, not enuff room and no "easy" way to get it mounted there. I thought about the space up under the fairing 'tween the forks, but decided it would take too much room away from the fork's traveling distance......

Still thinkin' about a location tho....separate relay and feed from the battery would negate any power problems.......:detective: