IGNORED

Stebel / Wolo ... ain't got nuttin on this horn!

SilvrT

So much for trunk space.

One thing to keep in mind, if you really need a horn and use it, do you want somebody looking for a train, semi, or a motorcycle. It's just that sometimes you may want the other person to react, but they WILL need to know what to react to, and it might take them a while to identify the issue if they are looking for the wrong thing.

My experience with a train horn is that they figure it out real quick. I don't think that they identify it as a train horn just something is very loud that is really POed at them and they need to correct whatever it is real fast. Because it is so loud they assume it is real close.

With one good blast of the train horn everyone has always made the correct instant decision of either stopping or getting out of the way quick.

And then they go clean their shorts........

Unless you install a BIG tank AND compressor, all you get is one or maybe 2 short blasts. A train horn uses ~20 CFM of air, that you are feeding from a 1.5 gallon tank. 1.5 gallons is 0.2 cubic feet.

Those horns on ebay are pretty loud and of similar tone to a train but are still no comparison to a real train horn. Real train horns start at $750 for a used horn with no air system and go up from there.

The spec for a train horn is that it must be a MINIMUM of 120dba at 100 yards. most of these horns we can get are rated at 4 inches.

Sound pressure level is cut in half when you double the distance. A Db reading without a distance is a meaningless number.

Edited by Flyinfool

So much for trunk space.

One thing to keep in mind, if you really need a horn and use it, do you want somebody looking for a train, semi, or a motorcycle. It's just that sometimes you may want the other person to react, but they WILL need to know what to react to, and it might take them a while to identify the issue if they are looking for the wrong thing.

heh ... well, if they figgure it's a train, they'll probably move outta the way PDQ!!

Sure dont know where you would hide all that stuff though. You would probably loose 5 mph when you used it too. But man would it ever get their attention. Maybe if you had a trike I could see hiding it.

These Wings have a lotta hiding places underneath all the Tupperware! LOL

Nice horn, but got a question on the video?? Lately when I follow a link to some videos the image appears on the screen as a double split horizontally right in the middle. Looks like if it were split vertically it would look like one of those old 3D pics. Anyone having the same problem, or have a idea what's going on?? :confused07: