IGNORED

Which repair kit and which compressor...

gibvel

The latest post on tire plugs got me wondering which repair kit do you guys use and what are your experiences with the kits?

Where do you get them and how much do you typically spend?

Also, same questions for small air compressors.

Edited by gibvel

I carry a CO2 inflator & about 5 C02 cartridges. Same thing as pellet guns use. Twist bottom cover on & it punctures cartridge.

Never had to use it, so I don't know how many cartridges it would take to air up a flat.

Pictures have a standard pop bottle cap for scale reference. That would be a soda cap to some of you.

Also carry a standard plug kit.

Gary

Edited by dingy
spelling

Guest tx2sturgis
I carry a string type plug kit and a slime compressor you can get them at wally world for about $25 for all of it.

These actually work quite well. The small Slime compressor fits in the palm of your hand, about the size and shape of the old transistor radios we grew up with, maybe a tad bigger.

Mine came with a zipper case, hose, 10 feet of power cable, a bottle of slime, and various fittings. Then I add a tire plug/patch kit that you can get at Harbor Freight for $10 or so.

This stuff is carried on my bike full time in the left saddlebag, and yes, I have used it several times for not only my tires, but other riders, and even inflated a few car tires for the occasional damsel in distress. :happy34:

I have a 12v port that I added in the tour pack that powers it from the battery even with the bike turned off. Its not a high volume unit, but it gets the job done.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Slime-40001-Motorcycle-Tire-Inflator/dp/B000ET9SB4/ref=pd_sbs_auto_14]Slime 40001 Motorcycle Tire Inflator : Amazon.com : Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31tgLjOrliL.@@AMEPARAM@@31tgLjOrliL[/ame]

Mark,

Are you looking for a compressor to put on the bike for trips? I know I have seen several threads about tire repair kits on the site...:scratchchin:

Yes, Brad. All these tire patch kit threads (and one experience I had going to Denver) gets a guy thinking about getting something like this.

And we all know the Boy Scout motto... Be Prepared. :Bunny:

I do run Ride-On as well, but the flat I had on the way to Denver, while the ride on probably saved my bacon, it didn't completely solve the problem like, I believe, a patch kit could have.

I carry a string type plug kit and a slime compressor you can get them at wally world for about $25 for all of it.

I carry the same type string plug kit and the slime compressor, and I also carry a can of fix-a-flat in my Bushtec trailer..just in case..