IGNORED

Saw a new one today

GeorgeS

Took a 60 mi. out and back ride this afternoon. Heading out I was passed in op direction by a dual sport bike ( BMW I think ) and he had some kind of a rig sticking up on his back seat, with a bicycle mounted on it. ( Rear tire sticking up above his helmet )

Ok, I'm heading back home, and near the same location the same guy passed me going the other direction. Hmmmm A Motorcycle with a Bicycle mounted on the passenger seat. ?????

At this point, I'm not sure if I really saw, what I saw ??? :confused24::confused24:

And, I stopped at the top of Snoqualime Pass on I-90, to make a pit stop and get something to drink. I'm standing there talking on the Ham radio to a friend in Calif. , and a nice old gentlemen pulled in with Alberta Plates. He comes over with a map and wanted to know the exact loaction ?

Fine, I marked his map for him, then he says, that about 2 miles up the road his car was hit by a large rock. ( They have been blasting the Mt Side there for several years to widen I-90 )

Anyway go over to look at damage, and his Right side Rear View, Mirror is completly " GONE " . Nothing left but the gasket, and Wire connector !!!

Not another Scratch on the Car !!! Mirror, completly gone!!

I'm thinking a rock about the size of a baseball must have come down off the Blasting area, and hit his car. ( Road is closed during blasting of course ) Must have been a Delayed Rock Fall !! :confused24::confused24:

The blasting here has been going on for about 3 years now, takeing down a good section of the Mt. Side to widen I-90.

He said it sounded like a shot gun went off inside his car !!!

Guy was lucky for sure. I put on a convention at the lodge at Snoqualmie pass a few years ago in July. Great location, much cheaper than down in Seattle, and not that far away. What a wonderful area, and the salmon. Wow, SOOooo much better than in Illinois! (DUH!).

We have a ham radio Winger in our GWRRA group in Illinois. He is from Bloomington, IL and rides a yellow Wing. Name is Norm. Ham radio on his bike, I don't know his handle/call sign, but if you think you might have talked with him, I can ask.

Safe riding out there.

saw a similiar thing a couple weeks back. The bicycle was disassembled into three sections and secured in a special mount attached to the bike over the pass seat and rear fender area.

Took a 60 mi. out and back ride this afternoon. Heading out I was passed in op direction by a dual sport bike ( BMW I think ) and he had some kind of a rig sticking up on his back seat, with a bicycle mounted on it. ( Rear tire sticking up above his helmet )

Ok, I'm heading back home, and near the same location the same guy passed me going the other direction. Hmmmm A Motorcycle with a Bicycle mounted on the passenger seat. ?????

At this point, I'm not sure if I really saw, what I saw ??? :confused24::confused24:

And, I stopped at the top of Snoqualime Pass on I-90, to make a pit stop and get something to drink. I'm standing there talking on the Ham radio to a friend in Calif. , and a nice old gentlemen pulled in with Alberta Plates. He comes over with a map and wanted to know the exact loaction ?

Fine, I marked his map for him, then he says, that about 2 miles up the road his car was hit by a large rock. ( They have been blasting the Mt Side there for several years to widen I-90 )

Anyway go over to look at damage, and his Right side Rear View, Mirror is completly " GONE " . Nothing left but the gasket, and Wire connector !!!

Not another Scratch on the Car !!! Mirror, completly gone!!

I'm thinking a rock about the size of a baseball must have come down off the Blasting area, and hit his car. ( Road is closed during blasting of course ) Must have been a Delayed Rock Fall !! :confused24::confused24:

The blasting here has been going on for about 3 years now, takeing down a good section of the Mt. Side to widen I-90.

He said it sounded like a shot gun went off inside his car !!!