IGNORED

Western Colorado Labor Day Weekend Ride!

Dmnordin

I'll be riding Western Colorado a bit over Labor Day Weekend!

I'll leave Orem, Ut. Saturday morning, Provo Canyon to Heber, East through Wolfe Creek Pass and on to Vernal Utah where I'll meet up with a new friend & his wife, and we'll ride all the way around Flaming Gorge. I'll stay with them that night.

Sunday morning I'll ride Dinosaur National Monument, Co., and then to Rangely, Co., where my uncle lives. I'll go to church with them, spend the rest of the day with them, and spend that night with them.

Monday I'll ride South on 139 Lost Highway, Douglas Pass, & down to (through) Colorado National Monument (Past Fruita), through Grand Junction, SouthEast & then South on 65 through Mesa & to Cedaredge, U-turn back to I-70 East, North at Rifle up 13, & West on 64 near Meeker back to Rangely for the night.

Tuesday I'll head back West through Vernal and go SouthWest at Duchesne through Indian Canyon to Helper, North West on Highway 6 through Soldiers Summit and on back home through Spanish Fork Canyon.

I figure a little over 1100 ride miles.

If anyone out there is interested in meeting up or riding part of the ride with me, email me at dougnrdn@gmail.com.

Doug Nordin

I got off at 8am Saturday, rode to Heber, through Wolfe Creek Pass, got to Vernal in the middle of the day and met up with Kim Christiansen & one of his friends. a big storm chased me from Dushene, and caught up in Vernal. We headed up to Flaming Gorge through the tail end of the storm, going West around the gorge. Man is it nice up there! We hit some more rain on the way back to Vernal.

A couple of times during the ride, and after refueling after we got back to Vernal, I was hearing some bearing noise. It is the clutch bearing that's starting to make noise. I was going to ride back home (3 hrs straight here) yesterday and cut my trip short, but Kim offered to drive my bike & I back on his pickup truck, so that's what we did.

bummer.

Saturday's ride was fantastic.

Doug

I picked up that bearing yesterday at Kaman bearing in town. I also ordered a cut gasket in SL - I'll pick it up today. I also ordered the big clutch basket bearing from Leighton cycle and they're shipping it to me. Even though no one mentions replacing that one and it's an extra $50, I'm going to spend the extra 10 minutes to replace that one while I'm in there. Saturday's the day to do the fixin.

since I got back, I've fixed my wife's van (new battery & fixed battery cable), the kitchen faucet (real bad leak), and a couple of other things that broke around the house (vacuum, pressure cooker, etc..). Like usual, I spent another vacation day yesterday just fixing broken things. getting tired of that.

Doug