I used a double sided tape for the Yamaha emblems. I believe it was a trim specific tape from the auto parts store.

I stuck it to the emblem, trimmed off the excess, then removed the backing and put it on the bike. Been there several years with no problem.

I have some of this double sides tape used by aircraft manufacturing company. It is super strong, really thin, so the emblem sits really tight to the surface, not like some that are quite thick. It works great for me. Just tell me how big of a piece you need I can mail you some.

I'd suggest riding somewhere to meet being were really close neighbors but due to injuries it probably be next year before I get back in the saddle.

Or if you like to take a ride in the country one nice day from the Ft Lewis/McChord

area to Buckley taking the back roads thru South Prairie.

I'm not going anywhere for I'm on short term disability. Visitors welcome.

• 9 years later...

Old thread I know, but good info I was looking for.  I think I’m going to use the 3M emblem adhesive to put the badge back on.  But my initial question is what would y’all recommend to remove the existing tar like adhesive?  I don’t know what it is, or if it’s OEM but in the desert sun it started melting and the emblem began to slide downward.  I pulled it off before I lost it.

I tried some IPA with little success, I’m afraid Of clouding or damaging the lens. 

2F7D9D11-04F8-4A3A-A110-6C77FECA70AC.jpeg