IGNORED

Need help with stereo system.

star4772

RSTD no stereo. I want to set up and use my sirius radio system. I will have speakers in front on handle bars and in speaker pockets on trunk. Question is what do I need to power my sirius radio to work (besides 12 volt socket) Will I have to install a stereo with an aux output or can I get something that will work other then a stereo that can be tucked away and out of site.

Any suggestions?

Joe

You should not need anything else.. The stereo SHOULD already have a 12 volt hot wire, a ground wire, and most likely 4 speaker wires.

Solder all connections, and use shrink tape to seal them from the elements..

Instructions should also come with the unit of which I would read first prior to installing..

:080402gudl_prv:

I just use the Scala headsets with FM radio and a jack to hookup an mp3 player. No need to hook anything up and with the speakers in the helmet you still hear traffic around you.. I also use a Garmin 765t gps with its fm transmitter turned on so I get the directions to the headset, but the gps unit also has a slot for an sd card that I fill with music and stream it to my headsets using the FM transmitter in the GPS and then set the Scala headset to recieve that frequency.. No wires, nothing to install on the bike.

brian

My first suggestion was that maybe you should have purchased the venture instead of the RSTD but that would not be nice, would it ???

I think your going to need an amp as I doubt there is enough power to power speakers so that it sounds decent, but I may be wrong.

Another option is too use a J&M CB and run it through the headset vs the speakers.

Have fun and hope you get the sound your looking for

Brad.

My first suggestion was that maybe you should have purchased the venture instead of the RSTD but that would not be nice, would it ???

I think your going to need an amp as I doubt there is enough power to power speakers so that it sounds decent, but I may be wrong.

Another option is too use a J&M CB and run it through the headset vs the speakers.

Have fun and hope you get the sound your looking for

Brad.

Thanks BRADT yes maybe RSV would solve everything but wanted to be differant this time. My first thought was J&M I might still go that was.

Joe

I don't know what you saw on Ebay but probably. I looked at the specs on the one posted and it has a 1/8" output jack. That means you can use a 1/8" patch cord from the output of your Sirius unit, Ipod, whatever and feed it right into that amp and then to your speakers. So if you see one on Ebay and it has the stereo jack, it should work just fine.

I was looking at something like that on E-Bay would that amp with the aux output allow me to run my sirius radio?

Joe

Yes it will Joe. Mickey Shorr sells them and a similar one by another maker. I think it was about $120 - $140 and came with speakers that sounded pretty good. It is small and would not take much room in the tour pack.

The MC500 is what I saw in the show room.

Edited by ragtop69gs