IGNORED

F1 fans ?

XV1100SE

Not sure how many F1 fans are here... my son sent me a clip on Ayrton Senna that was done on "Top Gear" a few years ago. I've seen the Senna movie and watched races when Senna was still with us.

For those that haven't seen the Senna movie... watch it !

If you aren't familiar with Senna... watch the "Top Gear" clip. Amazing racer ![ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oLSYSJO5Ik&feature=share]Top Gear on Ayrton Senna (Full Segment) - YouTube[/ame]

Cars of the 80's... turbo charged 1200+hp, no drivers aids, manual shifting, little aerodynamic downforce, mostly mechanical grip. Hamilton's comments are interesting. Drivers made more of a difference then. Now... best aero package and less of the driver.

Summer break for F1 racing... 11 days to the next "fix".

The crash... some details...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRSBVgqVpq0&feature=related]Ayrton Senna - How the crash killed him - YouTube[/ame]

National Geographic's review of the accident and cause. But what was never told? Design or setup issue?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayjOW5DnwgM]1/5 The death of Ayrton Senna - what Natgeo did not say - YouTube[/ame]

a great way to spend this morning...again more theories ,conspiracies etc..we will never know ..just like the moon landing

I watched the 1st Senna video... then a 2nd... then a 3rd.... moved onto Gilles Villeneuve videos.... then Greg Moore....

Damn You Tube !

Not sure how many F1 fans are here... my son sent me a clip on Ayrton Senna that was done on "Top Gear" a few years ago. I've seen the Senna movie and watched races when Senna was still with us.

For those that haven't seen the Senna movie... watch it !

If you aren't familiar with Senna... watch the "Top Gear" clip. Amazing racer !Top Gear on Ayrton Senna (Full Segment) - YouTube

Cars of the 80's... turbo charged 1200+hp, no drivers aids, manual shifting, little aerodynamic downforce, mostly mechanical grip. Hamilton's comments are interesting. Drivers made more of a difference then. Now... best aero package and less of the driver.

Summer break for F1 racing... 11 days to the next "fix".

LOVE F1!. I, too, am starting to get the shakes.

Agree, used to be more driver, but then what sport wasn't? I have mixed feelings about all that; mainly, why not let 'em have the "help." That way the constructors' championship would have a little different meaning. (I guess that would require lifting all restrictions on the build, eh?) Like other sports, too, everyone has to be judged in his/her own era. I remember seeing Jackie Stewart at the Fuji Speedway (Japan) in the early 70s, and, wow, how talented that guy was. Don't know how he'd stack up against the drivers of today, though.

Anyway, thanks for the memories.

I think the original report from the Italian court was correct. Steering column broke. Like the additions made to the Nat Geo video says... the steering column was corroded and just before the crash there was lateral movement that wasn't seen in prior laps or races.

His car bottoming out didn't cause aero issues as suggested by Nat Geo and Williams. He didn't turn the wheels into the slide because any input on the steering wheel didn't get to the wheels.

That weekend of racing (Senna and Ratzinburger deaths) forced the FIA/F1 to act on safety issues. One of the reasons we have the cars and tracks we have today. The drivers have say in safety issues.

Cars of that era (and previously) put the drivers at risk of losing their lives. Drivers willing to put it on the line were either amazing or.... No drivers aids showed off the driver talent and not those of the aero engineers. Needs to be more driver and less car influencing the outcome of races.

a great way to spend this morning...again more theories ,conspiracies etc..we will never know ..just like the moon landing

Wow, someone landed on the moon?

Actually, do you know how many different men have walked on the moon?

RandyA