IGNORED

Hard to believe What Muffinman did

Rick Haywood

I wanted to wait a little bit til I was sure but I was getting 39/40 MPG on the RSV riding 1 or 2 up on the 2 lane roads running 60/65 by speedometer and I was getting 34/35 MPG riding 1 or 2 up running 80/85 by speedometer on the Interstates. I was in Asheville and I asked Muffinman what this color tune I had seen him do down in Vogel was all about. He explained so I had him do mine. WOW is all I can say. First off let me say I had one carb that the fuel/air mixture was WAAAAYYYY off. The first thing I noticed was how much better it ran and how much more power and quicker response it had. It was so different even the wife noticed it right off. Now here is the kicker. I rode home from Asheville (1 up)in 11.5 hours 703 miles and used a total of 18.09 gallons at speeds of 80/90 by the speedometer. That is 38.86 MPG. That was what I usually got on the 2 lanes. Now here is the even better part I have run 5 tanks through just riding the 2 lanes running over to friends houses, riding out to eat and riding up to Galena and back. I put on a total of 907 miles at speeds between 60/70 and a few miles at 80 or so ( all ny the speedometer) and I used 19.79 total gallons for a whopping 45.8 MPG. Needless to say I am ecstatic with the way the bike runs first off and am tickled with the gas mileage This was how it ran when I first bought it. I can't think Jeff enough for doing this. If you see him and your bike isn't performing like it used to I recommend you let him work his Magic.......Thank You Muffinman:thumbsup2:

ps forgot to had I can now run close to 200 miles before I go to reserve used to be around 168

Edited by Rick Haywood

I wanted to wait a little bit til I was sure but I was getting 39/40 MPG on the RSV riding 1 or 2 up on the 2 lane roads running 60/65 by speedometer and I was getting 34/35 MPG riding 1 or 2 up running 80/85 by speedometer on the Interstates. I was in Asheville and I asked Muffinman what this color tune I had seen him do down in Vogel was all about. He explained so I had him do mine. WOW is all I can say. First off let me say I had one carb that the fuel/air mixture was WAAAAYYYY off. The first thing I noticed was how much better it ran and how much more power and quicker response it had. It was so different even the wife noticed it right off. Now here is the kicker. I rode home from Asheville (1 up)in 11.5 hours 703 miles and used a total of 18.09 gallons at speeds of 80/90 by the speedometer. That is 38.86 MPG. That was what I usually got on the 2 lanes. Now here is the even better part I have run 5 tanks through just riding the 2 lanes running over to friends houses, riding out to eat and riding up to Galena and back. I put on a total of 907 miles at speeds between 60/70 and a few miles at 80 or so ( all ny the speedometer) and I used 19.79 total gallons for a whopping 45.8 MPG. Needless to say I am ecstatic with the way the bike runs first off and am tickled with the gas mileage This was how it ran when I first bought it. I can't think Jeff enough for doing this. If you see him and your bike isn't performing like it used to I recommend you let him work his Magic.......Thank You Muffinman:thumbsup2:

ps forgot to had I can now run close to 200 miles before I go to reserve used to be around 168

Now I got to buy New Tool!!

Rick,

When it comes to carbs & setups, Muffinman is 2nd to none. Although I have never met the man, my Gen 1 has.

The previous owner drove down to see him & he sync'd & set up the carb bank. From what I was told by the previous ower, she was running pretty sad when he brought her down. I got her in December & all I can say is this bike runs like it just came from the dealership!

Kudos to Muffinman!