IGNORED

anyone bypass a class

I thought about using the on-board compressor and a DPDT switch. However, I would have to break into the air lines and install pressure gauges to monitor pressure. I decided to install pressure gauges, air valves and use an external air compressor ($17 at Academy). The air compressor can be used to fill tires out in the boonies . . . Ask me how I know!

i removed the Class completely and just manually fill with air. i check it every other week now. i put progressives in front and no air, rear i keep at about 60. i did a write up somewhere, it was cheap, but others did some more eloborate things....i also keep a 12v air compressor on bike for flats and what nots...flats

Off topic, but my '83 Venture had no air compressor so I installed one with a length of air hose to reach both front and rear of the bike, and can use it for airing up the suspension and tires. Simple installation in same location as VR, and got most of the parts at my nearby auto parts store. The air fittings needed a little modification with a file to fit the small dia. air hose. The mini air hose is loosely coiled up around the exposed side of the fuel tank and is hidden under the sidecover.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88 Venture

I thought about using the on-board compressor and a DPDT switch. However, I would have to break into the air lines and install pressure gauges to monitor pressure. I decided to install pressure gauges, air valves and use an external air compressor ($17 at Academy). The air compressor can be used to fill tires out in the boonies . . . Ask me how I know!

Gary i do like your set up i may do similar but i want to keep the factory compressor on board :cool10:

i removed the Class completely and just manually fill with air. i check it every other week now. i put progressives in front and no air, rear i keep at about 60. i did a write up somewhere, it was cheap, but others did some more eloborate things....i also keep a 12v air compressor on bike for flats and what nots...flats

red i will one day do the progressives on the front just cant afford it now and if you can find that write up you did and post the link i would greatly appreciate it

Yes after completing the 2nd grade i went straight into the 4th grade:stickpoke::confused24:

i tried that Rick but the teacher busted me and put me back in kindergarten i told her i was suppose to be in 3rd and she told me to shut up :confused24: :stirthepot:

Off topic, but my '83 Venture had no air compressor so I installed one with a length of air hose to reach both front and rear of the bike, and can use it for airing up the suspension and tires. Simple installation in same location as VR, and got most of the parts at my nearby auto parts store. The air fittings needed a little modification with a file to fit the small dia. air hose. The mini air hose is loosely coiled up around the exposed side of the fuel tank and is hidden under the sidecover.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88 Venture

Pete i would not consider your post off topic it all relates to what I'm trying to do you just stated what you did and offered your option thanks its an idea worth considering :cool10:

Paul,

I know you mentioned you wanted to keep the class system, and thats ok. I hate them, especially after having to work on every single 1st gen I have owned with the class on it (that would be 5)

You may want to consider going with a manual fill set up. I have done this on 3 of the 5 1st gens I owned. It's stupid simple, and really can't leave you stranded (Which is why I dont like the system)

I have some class parts, if you would like a specific item let me know and we'll see if we can hook you up.

Paul,

I know you mentioned you wanted to keep the class system, and thats ok. I hate them, especially after having to work on every single 1st gen I have owned with the class on it (that would be 5)

You may want to consider going with a manual fill set up. I have done this on 3 of the 5 1st gens I owned. It's stupid simple, and really can't leave you stranded (Which is why I dont like the system)

I have some class parts, if you would like a specific item let me know and we'll see if we can hook you up.

thanks Squidley im just looking to keep the hole filled with the class and am going to do the manual fill set up iv got everything disassembled as far as covers go i just hot wired the compressor which still work good so i will add a manual toggle switch to it and the fuse block i have an extra blade fuse free and also add 2 gauges for front and rear and cut off valve to stop flow to front forks when filled i will say i dread taking covers off but im having fun working on it knowing when im done i will have accomplished something good :cool10: :bighug: :bighug: :cool10::fingers-crossed-emo

Ok im on my phone and dont have my computer and cant pull up wire scematics can any one tell me what the relay does on the compressor im asuming tit controls the valve for front and back lines if im correct what wires control front and what for back 3 wires white/blu white/blk yellow/blu on 84 venture