I was installing my JBM carb diaphragms, and I got a little to energetic getting the metal ring out and a carb slide broke apart. Anybody have one that I can buy? The condition of the diaphragm isn't important, I've got the new one to install. It's for a 1st Gen, MK II (89).

Thanks,

Frank D.

Edited by frankd

Sorry about your predicament, but why did you try to pull the metal ring out ? To get the plastic rings off, you simply nip them in half with a pair of wire cutters and then to install the diaphrams you simply gently stretch them over the lip of the metal sleeve. Just don't over strecth them.

see the instruction sheet http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html

Edited by saddlebum

It does say that for most carbs, but for the Venture, the website has an additional instruction.

Yamaha Venture Notes: The 73 mm Mikuni Diaphragm fits the Venture models even with plastic slides.

Remove the short metal tube from the plastic slide and remove the rings. Place the JBM Industries

diaphragm on the metal tube, and then push tube into the plastic slide. Use Super Glue on metal tube.

Frank

It does say that for most carbs, but for the Venture, the website has an additional instruction.

Yamaha Venture Notes: The 73 mm Mikuni Diaphragm fits the Venture models even with plastic slides.

Remove the short metal tube from the plastic slide and remove the rings. Place the JBM Industries

diaphragm on the metal tube, and then push tube into the plastic slide. Use Super Glue on metal tube.

Frank

I read that too but at the time I felt it much safer, to just cut the nylon rings and leave the metal tubes in place, popping the diaphrams over the lip. worked very well that way, with much less fuss.

Edited by saddlebum