IGNORED

alternate Stebel horn location

I put mine inside the fairing on the left side. It's been in there three years and it's very loud and works perfect. I had to pry and stretch and move a few things just a tad but I did it trial and error with no major mods. The people that I honk at can verify it is scary loud and probably louder to a car you are behind than a stock area mount. Go for it you will be well rewarded!

You might try something like what I did with a pair of compact boat horns. Puts the sound right out front where it's most effective. I'm sure that with a little imagination a mount for the Stebel can be fabricated.

Thanks for all the ideas. I decided to put it in the fairing, for a couple reasons. I couldn’t find any place that it wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb and the chrome is already getting bad on the horn. So with the great idea to hide it in the fairing, you can’t see it and the poor chrome doesn’t matter.

Thanks for all the ideas. I decided to put it in the fairing, for a couple reasons. I couldn’t find any place that it wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb and the chrome is already getting bad on the horn. So with the great idea to hide it in the fairing, you can’t see it and the poor chrome doesn’t matter.

Doesn't that location muffle the sound and somewhat defeat the purpose of the horn? Hopefully the vibrations from the horn don't adversely effect some of the more delicate electronics housed in the fairing. Just sayin'.

Doesn't that location muffle the sound and somewhat defeat the purpose of the horn? Hopefully the vibrations from the horn don't adversely effect some of the more delicate electronics housed in the fairing. Just sayin'.

You would think the fairing muffles the sound but it doesn't.. it still blasts out loud.. I have had mine inside the fairing for past three years, wrapped in foam (except for the critical parts) and tied down so it doesn't vibrate or shake inside the fairing.. Its loud.. it's an air horn.. ;)

I was looking for an alt location also and put her up front, made a bracket to go above the driving lights. http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1016&pictureid=6972

http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1016&pictureid=6974

http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1016&pictureid=6973

I was trying to aim it at what was in front of me. . . I did run a hose into the fairing, now thinking about some chrome plumbing . . .