IGNORED

Need input from Victory owners

KIC

A friend of mine went off the deep end ( midlife crisis ? ) and bought a 2013 Victory Vegas 8-Ball. I rode it yesterday. Several questions..

I have NEVER heard a shifter clank so loud while shifting gears. Do they have a little midget troll in there with a 20 lb sledge hammer changing gears ?

Also, when you let go of the handle bars it leans/pulls hard to the right. ( I know why let go of the handle bars) I would think that "fighting" that pull over a long distance would get tiring on a long ride.

Has 200 miles on it now, and it seems to backfire when decelerating.

So is all this normal for a Victory ? :confused24:

I have a 2012 Cross Country Tour and love it, I do miss my RSV at times. As for the shifting mine will klunk going into first but not always. The back firing he should take it in and have them retune it, just a reboot. If your burping the throttle as you down shift the Victory's don't like that so they will pop or backfire. At 500 miles it goes in for a checkup so I'm sure they will tweak it some and change the oils. Good Luck they are all nice scoots. Mine doesn't pull at all not sure what it could be tire pressure, wheel weight? There are 2 sites he could heck out for answers

http://Www.thevog.net

http://Www.victoryforums.com

Hope this helps you out. Good Luck

Edited by Rickster

I am riding a Vision, it also shifted hard but smooth out at about 2500 miles. I have not trouble with backfireing.

At the 500 mile service I was aloud to watch and all they did was change the oil, pulled the plugs to see if it was burning OK. Then charge alot of money about the same a Yamaha did when I bought the RSV.

Noisy shifting is common on Victorys. I have had 2 and each one made a lot of noice when shifting. I also had problems with the trans of each. The popping makes me think it needs to be put back on the computer and check the map.

Guest tx2sturgis

Also, when you let go of the handle bars it leans/pulls hard to the right. ( I know why let go of the handle bars) I would think that "fighting" that pull over a long distance would get tiring on a long ride.

So is all this normal for a Victory ? :confused24:

That sounds like a rear wheel out of alignment. Easy fix.

Back in the day, some of the Harley-based custom bikes, and choppers, would pull to the left or right if the builder had used a really wide rear tire, which caused an offset of the rear tire to the right. But most of the builders are now using a right side drive, on really wide tires, to correct this. Of course, in the case of the Victory, the belt runs on the opposite side of the bike from a Harley big twin, so everything is reversed.

I have a 2012 Cross Country Tour and love it, I do miss my RSV at times. As for the shifting mine will klunk going into first but not always. The back firing he should take it in and have them retune it, just a reboot. If your burping the throttle as you down shift the Victory's don't like that so they will pop or backfire. At 500 miles it goes in for a checkup so I'm sure they will tweak it some and change the oils. Good Luck they are all nice scoots. Mine doesn't pull at all not sure what it could be tire pressure, wheel weight? There are 2 sites he could heck out for answers

Www.thevog.net

Www.victoryforums.com

Hope this helps you out. Good Luck

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: Except mines a 2013