IGNORED

new addition to my garage

adventurer 08

you have a 2nd gen. and just asking why go for the 1st? Serious question....

Your question is the equivalent of: if you like apples can you also like oranges? The answer is: of course!

Aside from all of the back-and-forth banter everyone knows that the 1st and 2nd Generation bikes are two completely different animals. One is a sport/touring bike and the other is a cruiser/touring bike. Each one sits, rides, and handles very differently from the other.

Accordingly, one is not, and cannot be, better than the other, for any reason. You will no doubt hear opinions to the contrary, but you will not likely be provided with facts to substantiate those opinions.

They are both phenomenal, in their own right, and I see no problem or issue with owning at least one of each... :)

Very good answer Blackjack.

Yes, they are different bikes and a lot of 2nd genners know very little about a 1st gen, actually, many 2nd genners know very little about a 2nd gen, other than how to put gas in it and how to take it back to the dealer.

I have to admit, I would like to add a 2nd gen to my bikes, but for the fun, screaming to 8,000 rpm's and throwing it around kind of riding, I would definately want to keep my 1st gen, especially with it being an MK1.:cool10:

RandyA

Another one sees the light of truth and speed. Welcome to the other (fastest) side of the fence... :happy65:

You wish. Dream on!!!

Could be that he likes collecting antiques ! :rasberry:

lets face it....first gens are cooler!

Very good answer Blackjack.

Yes, they are different bikes and a lot of 2nd genners know very little about a 1st gen, actually, many 2nd genners know very little about a 2nd gen, other than how to put gas in it and how to take it back to the dealer.

I have to admit, I would like to add a 2nd gen to my bikes, but for the fun, screaming to 8,000 rpm's and throwing it around kind of riding, I would definately want to keep my 1st gen, especially with it being an MK1.:cool10:

RandyA

Enjoy your bike I loved my 83 wish I still had it sometimes.

my 2nd gen is down and learning alot about it should have it up by november maybe my 1st gen is running strong and i love it either way i love both the 1st and 2nd gen and blackjack that was indeed a very good answer .... i have to say i love the best of both worlds because i have one of each a 1st and a 2nd gen :cool10::cool10: