IGNORED

Computer down

Yammer Dan

SEAFOAM!

Sorry, I could not help it.

On a serious note Dan, it sounds like you have plenty of good suggestions here. I know that it can be frustrating but it is quite unlikely that your data is completely gone. As others have said, you may have to rebuild your computer [which I also doubt] but you data should still be accessible (short of a hard disk failure).

For this to happen after visiting a single web site, I am highly suspicious of the diagnosis.

Before you spend any money on having any work done to recover your data, let us know first - I am sure there are plenty of use here that could walk you through the process of recovering [at a minimum, the data].

Without knowing what kind of computer, version of windows, hardware, etc etc it is really difficult to provide any additional advice - if you want it, speak up.

:080402gudl_prv:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Seafoam didn't fix it, then you will need the heavy guns.

Put puter in a big bag, fill it with uncooked rice, seal it up for a month.

After the month, make a big batch of Spanish rice.......

If that don't work I can bring my .50 cal.........

That's sure to have some impact.

Guest tx2sturgis
My brother got a kindle or e-reader thing for under a hundred bucks and loaded a different os and uses it like an ipad. I actually think the os he put on it was from a droid.

I did that some time ago with a nook color, converted it to an android tablet. I used an N2A card, and it works, but the processor is a bit slow for some tasks.

Now you can buy budget tablets for under $100, and a really decent one for $200-$400.

Several viruses and trojans in it. Transfered pictures and important docs to jump drive before wiping the drive. Loading drivers and security patches this morning. Sorry Dan I couldn't save the Hooters girls with Yammer Video.

I got a dell at a yard sell a couple weeks ago, the lady said the man at the computer store told her the hard drive was bad and sold her a new computer. I brought the one she had in the yard sale home and it came on, so much for the hard drive being bad so I down loaded avast and it found 31 viruses, after adding some memory and reloading the operating system I am kinda proud of my new to me computer. :cool10:

Yammer got my scoot running just needs a little tlc now. I hope his computer runs OK It's amazing what you can do with a hammer.:whistling:

THANKS GERALD!!!

I only spent couple hrs on scoot. I think Froggie got short end of this trade. This computer was a mess!! Warden says repeat after me " I will never visit those sites again"

It wasn't me!!