IGNORED

wish me luck: dealer valve job.

kyle

well I'm finally gonna do a valve adjustment at 45,000 miles. Taking the bike to a yamaha only dealer in southern indiana next week "120 miles away". Were dropping the bike off thurs. afternoon so thay can get started and picking it up sat. morning. went ahead and got a hotel for a couple days while they do the work, even getting a loaner bike for the 2 days "he said it sure won't be a venture lol". they seem like great folks and hopefully won't cost too much, $175 to check them and a bit more for the ones they have adjust. I could probably do it but don't feel like it. anyway keep ya posted on the results.

Under $200 to check the valves on a Venture is a great price -

I do not know what the book rate is for this job, but I feel certain there is absolutely no way anyone could do the job in less than 4 hours - six is much more likely. I have not seen a shop charging less than $80/hour for labor in a long time, but even at $75/hour, four hours = $300. If they do a good job for $175, you should consider yourself very fortunate.

Goose

The prices I was getting around here ranged from 400 to 800 bucks each so I did both of mine myself but if I could have got it done for 175 I would have jumped on it. The first bike took me 12 hours and the seconed bike looks like it will be about 8 when I am done but I am slow too.:backinmyday:

Wish you the best and let us know how it goes.