IGNORED

Self cancelling turn signals

Guest tx2sturgis
Would like to put a self cancel turn signal unit on my 96 Royal Star. Where do you get them,is it hard to install???

Most factory self-cancelling units make use of a 'trigger' from the speedometer electronics.

But have you thought about using 2 very small 12V buzzers or beepers wired in parallel to your front turn signal bulbs? Yeah, it would be irritating, but thats the idea...you wont run down the road for miles and miles with them on, as long as you can hear them.

Just my :2cents:.

:happy34:

Well I have two Tour Classics 1998 and both of them cancel the turn signals automatically. Are you sure that yours don´t cancel ? I think it is factory installed since I have not been able to locate any aftermarket wiring from the wires running from the signals on my bike that I have in Iceland. Maybe some of the owners of the 1998 or the 1996 will chime in.

I just sort of investigated this on the RSV. Its built into the flasher unit somehow. I was installing LED turn signals and thought I would install a LED rated flasher. Turns out I cant as the canceling part is built into the flash unit somehow.

I'm positive my 96 RS doesn't have self cancellars. Had a truck pull out in front of me the other day. I flipped him off. Looked down later and my turn signal was flashing. Guess who felt stupid!!

:whistling: