IGNORED

Top speed in each gear

What is the top speed in each gear with factory rev limiter. I don't have a tach on this bike which is a bit aggravating. I've read a bit on here and people complain about the gearing on these bikes. Mine has plenty of power in 4th and 5th. If I'm over 50mph I'm in 5th. I am the third owner of this bike and it has 84000 miles on it. I believe it was still on the original clutch. It was in good shape when I replaced it with upgraded spring. I figured I'd do it all since I could get my Yamaha parts at cost. If i'm running over 60 I just twist my wrist to pass. I know it has K&N filters but don't know what else hase been done. It had some slash out pipes that I think were Highway Hawks but not sure because there were no markings on them. I found a set of factory pipes with tips with about 2000 miles on them. I put them on and like how the bike cruises at higher speeds now. With other pipes it sounded like the bike was overtaching. I haven't checked speed with gps yet but it buries the 120 on digital spedo and does it fairly quickly. I can bury in both 4th and 5th. I've learned it doesn't like to go around turns quite that fast though. Guess that is where my Magna spoiled me.

This is the same as the RSTD. I hit the rev limit around 6600 on my tach. Taking Second to 65 is about the time the rev limit kicks in. Your oil light will flash and it will start missing.

At 60 you could drop all the way down to third and still kick it in the pants and get around them even faster.

What is the top speed in each gear with factory rev limiter. I don't have a tach on this bike which is a bit aggravating. I've read a bit on here and people complain about the gearing on these bikes. Mine has plenty of power in 4th and 5th. If I'm over 50mph I'm in 5th. I am the third owner of this bike and it has 84000 miles on it. I believe it was still on the original clutch. It was in good shape when I replaced it with upgraded spring. I figured I'd do it all since I could get my Yamaha parts at cost. If i'm running over 60 I just twist my wrist to pass. I know it has K&N filters but don't know what else hase been done. It had some slash out pipes that I think were Highway Hawks but not sure because there were no markings on them. I found a set of factory pipes with tips with about 2000 miles on them. I put them on and like how the bike cruises at higher speeds now. With other pipes it sounded like the bike was overtaching. I haven't checked speed with gps yet but it buries the 120 on digital spedo and does it fairly quickly. I can bury in both 4th and 5th. I've learned it doesn't like to go around turns quite that fast though. Guess that is where my Magna spoiled me.

If the TD is like the RSV, you will find the speedometer will read 7% to 8% fast. When my speedometer says 80, the GPS says 73-74.

third will get you a little over 90( by GPS) before the rev limiter catches you.

The only way I know of is to replace the stock ignition module with a Dyna unit. That's what I did. Then you can raise it.

With the Dyna unit can you also re-set the MPH limit or is that limit really because of the RPM limit?

where is the powerband on these bikes 3500-5500 ?? / 2500-3500?? seems like you would want to run right at the beginning of it so you can hammer down to get around slower moving objects without having to down shift.

where is the powerband on these bikes 3500-5500 ?? / 2500-3500?? seems like you would want to run right at the beginning of it so you can hammer down to get around slower moving objects without having to down shift.

But isn't that the whole idea of an overdrive? Cruising at a lower RPM to get better gas mileage., and less wear and tear. I don't mind kicking down a couple to get to the guts.