IGNORED

speedometer cable

campfire12

Help please. Me and Deb went for a ride to Pittsburgh PA sunday just to shop a little. On the way back the speed-o just quit. Looked in our classfied and at pinwall but just can"t seam to find one. Does anyone have a speedometer cable for my 84 venture royale around for a reasonable price. Me and Deb want to go to moundsville wv on the weekend of 8-24 to see the moveing wall come into town. Thanks Dan.:fingers-crossed-emo

I believe all the cables are the same from 83 to 93.I know I have used and 83 on an 86. I have found that you can just remove the lower attachment,pull the old core out and then slide the new core in,greased first. This saves some hassel with dealing with the upper end.

Thanks again Golf&Venture. Who says USmail service is slow? Package arived today on my porch. Whats that 2-3 days top's from WA to OH. Lubed cable speed-o cable bearing and wheel ass'y. Put it all back toghether and woooooo. i gots to slow way down. Hard to do on a first gen. Thats great because it looks like a trip to akron tomorrow to help one of my boys move back into college. Third year at university of akron and first one living off campus. I'm just supplying labor to this venture. So many thanks again..:sign Rock On:

For future reference; Go to your local auto parts store and buy universal car speedo cable replacement. It has the same ends as the Venture. Simply slide the finished end up into the cable housing from the wheel to get the correct length, cut the cable and attach the end.

:322:

For future reference; Go to your local auto parts store and buy universal car speedo cable replacement. It has the same ends as the Venture. Simply slide the finished end up into the cable housing from the wheel to get the correct length, cut the cable and attach the end.

Grease the speedometer head or you will have same problem again.

on the way back from Americad mine did the same thing only mine had worked loose and fallen out of the speedo . by time I knew what had happened the cable was pretty chewed up. Luckily I still had my 85 cable. learned soemthing new that day. the 86_93was redesigned so its easier to get to the cable and resintall it.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone done this? and did it hold up.

Thanks Bill