IGNORED

An Open Letter To Every Person I Meet Who Finds Out I Ride A Motorcycle

SilvrT

I'm going ot have to print that. I never had to hear that crap from my family. My Dad and uncle use to ride with a gang called the Breed in North Jersey/ New York. They also hung out with some Pagans. I was on the back of a bike by the time I was four. I can can remember being on an old goldwing Dad traded on because he had an auto repair and used car lot. He would ride it sometimes to work. We were runnig about 115 on the thing and stopped by my grandparent's house. Being a kid I commented on how fast we were going. Grandma wanted to kill Dad but she knew how he rides because she had ridden with him before. His step-father, my Grandpa never rode Harleys like Dad but always rode old Hondas so he ended up with the wing. Amazing I'm still alive growing up wth now seat belts and airbags and such

Edited by wflthree
added more

Been there! My husband's aunt found out last year that I ride bikes. I got repeated versions of the same half hour lecture on why bikes were dangerous, why I should sell mine [and this is just before I bought my TC], and the Hubby got repeated orders not to let me spend HIS money on MY bikes! My Mum found out what I was doing several years ago and promptly told me I was NUTS! Then I got a request to take her for a ride!!

Well, I informed the Aunt that it wasn't his mad money paying for my bikes, it was mine and that he has no say in what I do with my mad money since I have no say [or not very much!] in what he does with his. I would not take the Mum for a ride on the 650 as with no backrest, she'd have to hang onto me and I didn't think that was safe. Now that I have my TC, once that I get it set up for me, we'll see. It's going to be fun shopping for her some riding gear!