IGNORED

ABS brakes on a 1st Gen ???? Tweety Wants them !!

dingy

Getting closer to winter and I have been mulling over the idea of fitting a set of ABS brakes to Tweety for its annual winter upgrade.

Not as far fetched as it may seem. The technology is out there and proven. It is just a matter of integrating an existing system onto a 1st gen Venture. Then there is that little testing issue, but that comes later.

Mounting the rotational sensors seems like a relatively straight forward target. When I put the VMax wheel on the front I had to put spacers on each side due to narrower hub, so the front end is easy, the rear would be a tad more of a challenge.

Finding room for the control unit seems possible in one of the fairing pockets.

Then it would come down to plumbing in the lines, which should be relativity simple given the custom made stainless lines available.

There are ABS controllers available at Pinwall scrappers now & then.

Does anyone have any technical info on the inner workings of a MC system?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lock_braking_system

Gary

Well good luck with this one.

I will be watching your progress closely.

The only ting I see right off the bat is that you would have to delink the front and rear brakes. But I thought you already did that.

Yes testing will be the scarey part. It is one thing to do the testing and calibration in a lab on a brake dyno, but a whole nuther ballgame to do it live on your bike.