IGNORED

Bike hit by blind truck driver...

Panjandrum

So we stop for brunch in Hope, BC. This is a major cross-roads from the Vancouver Lower Mainland to the interior and all points north and east. It is a favourite stop for bikers, and there must have been forty bikes in the Home Restaurant parking lot. I was parked in a spot with three other bikes.

While finishing the meal, one of the Coast Riders members who was outside rushed in and called to me.

A Numpty in a truck had reversed into my bike. "I didn’t see the bike", he said. 40 bikes in the parking lot! Four bikes in the parking spot, and he hit the biggest! He didn't look! He must have walked past the bikes on his way to get into his truck.

:bang head:

His tow bar engaged with the front fender, bending it onto the tire. He moved the bike back a foot (you could see the gouge in the pavement), and bent the kick stand, but the bike stayed up, and did not hit any of the others in the spot.

We ended up removing the fender, and beat it into some sort of shape so that I could continue the ride. Thanks to another Biker in a truck who had the tools and experience to do that job!

I am waiting to hear back from my insurance company, and get the bike FULLY checked out by the dealer... in case he bent something else. He did bend the wind deflector a bit, and scratched the right fork (quarter inch chip in the chrome. Looks minor, but I am concerned.

The bike felt fine on the ride, but I am wondering whether there is anything else specific I should be looking for?

:mo money:

Here's a [ame=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150963511021784]video[/ame]!

Man that is tough luck! Hope you got a Police Report.....down here the Insurance Companies won't give you the time of day without that.....

Boomer....who sez dat trucker oughtta be cited for blindness as well as improper backing.:whistling:

Up here, police will not come out unless there is injury to people or very serious property damage. No problem with the insurance claim on this one. The guy accepted responsibility in front of NUMEROUS witnesses.

BTW, I selected the descriptive word "Numpty" rather than risk censorship for use of bad language.

Be sure the steering bearings are checked as well. If the truck hit hard enough it may have dented a braring race. You can check that by lifting the front wheel off the ground and then turning the handlebars left and right while feeling for any rough dented spots.

Gotta hate idiots like that thou.

Larry