IGNORED

Almost had my last ride today

Rick Haywood

I was riding back home after having lunch with a couple friends today and came as close as possible to hitting a Cement Mixer truck broad side at 60 mph. I was riding along enjoying the ride when I came upon a crossroads, traffic from the left and right had a stop sign. As I approached the intersection the truck evidently didn't see me and started across the road. I had no time to stop and I hit the horn and stayed as far right as I could and was getting ready to take it off the road. I just squeezed by with maybe a foot to spare. If I had been riding in the left track of my lane instead of the right track I would not be here to type this post. Scared the you know what out of me. As I rode on home I got to thinking about how close I was to never seeing my wife and daughter again. Man that really scared me then. I decided right then that I had better get things in order at the house so if it does happen my wife knows where the investments are and who to contact and where the life insurance is and all the other things we take for granted that we have time to cover.

Ride careful.

Good reflexes come in handy, sometimes you dont know what you can do till its over and done with, and as far as getting things in order, its never too early to do that, something maybe we should all do......:thumbsup::thumbsup:...especially since we have such a dangerous pastime............

Rick - I think we all benefit from hearing about your close call which seems like it should never have happened except for bad driving by the trucker. It reminds us all of the need to stayt alert, especially on our bikes. Sure glad you could talk about it.

I was riding back home after having lunch with a couple friends today and came as close as possible to hitting a Cement Mixer truck broad side at 60 mph. I was riding along enjoying the ride when I came upon a crossroads, traffic from the left and right had a stop sign. As I approached the intersection the truck evidently didn't see me and started across the road. I had no time to stop and I hit the horn and stayed as far right as I could and was getting ready to take it off the road. I just squeezed by with maybe a foot to spare. If I had been riding in the left track of my lane instead of the right track I would not be here to type this post. Scared the you know what out of me. As I rode on home I got to thinking about how close I was to never seeing my wife and daughter again. Man that really scared me then. I decided right then that I had better get things in order at the house so if it does happen my wife knows where the investments are and who to contact and where the life insurance is and all the other things we take for granted that we have time to cover.

Ride careful.

Glad to hear you made it out Ok.I know the feeling well.Had a few real close ones myself.Plus being older I think we seem to realize our mortality more than when we were younger and thought we were indestructible.

Well Rick I see you are moving up to bigger challenges.:whistling:

First it was a little deer and now a cement truck. :scared:

Maybe you should have found some smaller steps in between.

I hate to see what your next target will be.....:rasberry:

I'm sure glad you are in a condition to make jokes about this.