IGNORED

my impression so far

jaymacdoo

Coming off a 2000 Honda ACE Tourer for the last 3 1/2 years . (loved the bike) . Looked good lots of power. And was reliable. I put about 35000kms on in that time. Bike Had 80000 kms When I traded it in.

I decided that which ever bike bought next would be new. So I priced the H-D Electra Glide looked at the Wing (for about 2 seconds) and decided to go with the Venture . Price and Warranty where major factors (price Wing) but when it came right down to it I know the Yamaha dealer And not only did he Take my bike but also my sled on trade.

I went with the Venture because I ride two up alot. I wanted her to be comfortable so she would have nothing to complain about . haha . I actually signed the papers before i even sat on one because my dealer didnt have one in stock ! At this stage in life I decided that if I am going to make payments on something I may as well get something I really want (38).

I have had the bike for about 3 weeks now and I have 4500 kms so far . Vacation for 2 weeks tho . I added the light bar the luggage rack and ........... LA chopper pipes. Yeah Yeah too loud too loud ( Remember Im 38 ) haha and gas cap cover . Most important addition was the Sirius radio.

At first i was really nervous at slow speeds but some seat time and the 3 rules from "Ride like a Pro " and i feel more confident. But I KNOW I will someday drop this bike (its heavy haha ) i Thought i would need the lowering kit but ater reading all the reviews I am glad i didnt order one.

So far I am very happy with my purchase I love the power it is very comfortable and most of all the wife is happy.

I look forward to all the support and good information on here and i will do my best to help others on here as well. Thanks Jay:)

I know where you're coming from. I to had an Ace Tourer before I bought my Venture and chose the Venture for the same reasons as you, 2up touring while pulling a trailer was a bit too much for the Ace. The more you ride the RSV the easier the low speed handling will become, don't get me wrong though, it is a handful and you need to pay attention.

Last fall my wife got her own RSV with the Hannigan Trike kit, she loves it and pulls the trailer on trips now, but the best part is I don't get hit in the back of the helmet any more by her when I blast the curves :cool10: :thumbsup2:

And yes

:worthless:

Let's see some pics

Now the fun starts - dressing it up and making it your own.

Highly recommend Carbon One's passenger arm rests and Utopia drivers back rest.

Suggest you also read http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72369 if you haven't already.

Add to that a Carbon One lift adapter to safely lift your RSV. Makes working on and cleaning the bike easier.

At first i was really nervous at slow speeds but some seat time and the 3 rules from "Ride like a Pro " and i feel more confident. But I KNOW I will someday drop this bike (its heavy haha ) i Thought i would need the lowering kit but ater reading all the reviews I am glad i didnt order one.

So far I am very happy with my purchase I love the power it is very comfortable and most of all the wife is happy.

I look forward to all the support and good information on here and i will do my best to help others on here as well. Thanks Jay:)

What tires came on the bike? If it has the horrible Brickstones, dump them NOW for some decent tires - you won't believe the HUGE improvement in handling! I know it is hard to accept spending money on new tires when the ones you have are still brand new, but it is REALLY that important for someone new to the RSV. With Avon Venoms, you will swear the bike lost 300 lbs.

If you got lucky and it came with the Dunlop D404s, go ahead and use them up before you spend bucks on better skins. The 404s are just average tires that do not handle near as well as Avon Venoms or Dunlop E3s, but they are still an order of magnitude better than those horrible Brickstones.

Goose

Welcome to the forum as as you already know many here either owned an Ace Tourer or have spouses that do. My brother has had one for years .many are also members of this forum and The Shadow Ace tourer forum as well. Lots of cross over.

Also as you know there will be lots of good advice to make a great bike even better. Have a question and someone here will be able to answer it sooner or later. This is a great group of people from all over the world. so welcome and happy riding.:thumbsup2: