IGNORED

Changed brake Fluid...before and after

jfoster

I got energetic today and changed the brake fluid. Being it's an '08 with 5k miles I doubted it had ever been done. Everything looked good inside the reserviors, just discoloration of the fluid. I'll let the experts decide if it looks normal or past due. One bottle contained new brake fluid (for comparison only) while the other is what came out of it.

[ATTACH]70623[/ATTACH]

Bought my sisters 85 Rebel for my 5 ft. Girlfriend. when I squeezed the brake lever there was no pressure . I opened up the reservoir and this is what I found inside . I've never seen brake fluid solidify before. luckily it hadn't gotten down into the lines or the caliper. Cleaned it out and it was good as new.

I got energetic today and changed the brake fluid. Being it's an '08 with 5k miles I doubted it had ever been done. Everything looked good inside the reserviors, just discoloration of the fluid. I'll let the experts decide if it looks normal or past due. One bottle contained new brake fluid (for comparison only) while the other is what came out of it.

Your bike was two years past due for this very important maintenance.

Goose

[ATTACH]70623[/ATTACH]

That's pretty normal for older fluid. With the best will in the world, brake fluid works under extremely tough conditions. It alternately boils and freezes, and it absorbs moisture, and picks up dirt over time.

Make it part of your annual maintenance to flush it through with new, even though the service schedule says every two years.

It only takes a few minutes, and it could save your life.