IGNORED

front wheel gone

Quicksilver

My front wheel bearings disintegrated and wormed out my front wheel. I bought new bearings but when I removed the old bearings the wheel and sleeve were worn and wormed out. So I guess I will have to replace the wheel. Anyone have any ideas besides the dealer. I do not know what they cost but I do know there are cheper places than the dealer. :confused24:

Thanks Quicksilver

Thanks guys for all the info and quick to. this is the best source of info on the net. Thank all of you again

Quicksilver

Edited by Quicksilver

My front wheel bearings disintegrated and wormed out my front wheel. I bought new bearings but when I removed the old bearings the wheel and sleeve were worn and wormed out. So I guess I will have to replace the wheel. Anyone have any ideas besides the dealer. I do not know what they cost but I do know there are cheper places than the dealer. :confused24:

Thanks Quicksilver

Do not know what you are riding, but I saw one in the classifieds earlier. Update - I see now in your picture that you riding a Venture. I bet a lot of models use the same wheel ? But not sure the yr of yours.

i picked up an extra set of wheels off e-bay several yrs ago, that way i can mount my new tires and just swap them out, o'course i have 3 bikes that use the same wheel and tire sizes. jsut look at pinwall and ofdfer them less than what they are asking, they may take it, they had several sets last time i looked.

Thank you I have one coming from PinWall found one from a 1999 with only 19000 miles on it.:fingers-crossed-emo

I have new bearings to put in when it arrives, thanks to all who helped me. You can't beat the people on this site.:thumbsup:

Quicksilver:bighug: