IGNORED

RSV Trailer Question

Mattressdancer

Also depends on how much you are looking at spending.

If you are close to the border.... Harbor Freight in the States has the Tag-Along with is under $400. There are also 20% off coupons in magazines which will bring it closer to $320.

http://www.harborfreight.com/mt.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb-capacity-78-inch-tag-along-trailer-66771.html

I have this trailer and it works great !

Not sure how things work in Alberta... but go the license bureau and get a plate for a "home made" trailer. Cross the border, buy the trailer, assemble it in the parking lot, put your plate on it, cross the border.

Or... buy it in the States and when you cross into Canada tell them it is a kit to make a home made trailer.

In Ontario... if you import a trailer or vehicle you have to pay $200+ as an import duty.

If you are looking for a hitch... check Carbon One's ads. His products are top quality.

I tow a Piggy Backer - love it. Not a bad price if you can get it delivered close to the border and pick it up or pay the extra shipping.

Keith

http://www.piggybacker.com/Piggybacker/PiggyBacker_Cargo_Trailer.html

Piggybacker does deliver to Canada I believe. Nice trailer ! Some people say that the Harbor Freight one is a knock off of the Piggybacker but too many differences. If you look at wheel size, quality... Piggybacker comes with bumper, etc... but is also around $1200 I believe. Depending on how often you use it and how much you want to spend... $320 for the HF is a good deal.

As for Aluma... $3500+ but an awesome trailer !

Thx,

That harbor frieght looks interesting!

:fingers-crossed-emo

I have one and it is serving me well!!!

I have added extra lights. I replaced the cheap "no good" OEM bearing somewhere around 12,000 miles. They still looked brand new. :confused24:

The cheap OEM tires have around 15,000 and are still not quite down to the wear bars. So all in all I'm pretty pleased with my $341.00 trailer!!! :cool10::cool10::cool10:

Lots of threads that mention the HF Tag-along trailer.

When I bought mine I followed thecustomer comments and did the following :

- repack bearings

- rubber tubing (actually a piece of garden hose) on the shackle bolt (rear capture bolt)

- replaced lights with LED's

- put rubber (another piece of black garden hose) thru the holes where the wiring went thru the frame

- replaced the zerk fittings - one was broken out of the box

- replaced bolts holding the "car carrier" box to the frame with eye bolts. Will replace these with ones I saw at a trailer store that fold flat. This way I can use helmet nets to secure any load down while trailering

- shimmed coupler bolts with a couple washers - DON'T over tighten or it squezes the coupler in and the ball release won't work properly

I didn't see how to remove the overload spring so I left it in. Didn't flip the axle either.

For the price and how often you use it... it gets the job done. You'll surprised at how much it will hold.

I added a cooler rack to the tongue (made by a neighbour) and have to be careful of the tongue weight. You'll want no more than 25-30lbs of tongue weight. The location of the wheels doesn't give a lot of room for shifting weight but if you add a cooler to the tongue try to put as much weight to the rear as you can.

The 20% off coupon can be found in magazines like "Car and Driver", "Popular Science"....