IGNORED

Federal officials mandating,,,

Owen

I'm from the government and I'm here to help!

This is so wrong in so many ways! :doh:

The 4 gallon minimum is their answer to preventing damage to your motorcycle from E15 fuel! WTH?

Read the complete report if you can stand it...

"PICKERINGTON, OH – August 8, 2012 – (Motor Sports Newswire) - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will require all consumers to buy at least four gallons of gasoline from certain gas pumps after the new E15 ethanol-gasoline blend is introduced into the market, the American Motorcyclist Association reports."

link

Edited by Owen

Now wait a minute, so if I want to mow my lawn and discover I'm out of lawnmower gas I've got to buy 4 gallons?? If I run out of gas on a hot day 2 miles from the closest filling station I have to lug a big heavy can with me in the heat back to my car???

Me thinks they been drinking too much corn squeezings...

Now wait a minute, so if I want to mow my lawn and discover I'm out of lawnmower gas I've got to buy 4 gallons?? If I run out of gas on a hot day 2 miles from the closest filling station I have to lug a big heavy can with me in the heat back to my car???

Me thinks they been drinking too much corn squeezings...

I guess the point is...

They know E15 is bad for most small engines and this is their way of watching out for you. You know, instead of ditching this crap to begin with.

I have lots of things I could say but this thread is probably going political and I quess I won't contribute to that.

By no means political. I did not mention political party or individuals. I am simply upset that yet another set of laws are needlessly dictating actions in our sport.

:cool:

If the government can regulate the regulation to require the producers add products that don't exist and then fine the manufacturers who just pass the cost along to end users then modify it so it exempts foreign companies who contribute to their campaigns and then blame it on the oil companies and ignore the unintended consequences of it damaging our goods , being worse for the environment and more costly.

At some point "we the people" will realize we need to stand up and make some constitutional changes to the power that we give to the government that is currently broken.

So how hard would it be to convert our scoots to nat gas??

I wonder if them there Chinese cars run on this crap? I was in the service when this "gas streching" manuver was tried before. We got **** out in the field in places we might or might not have been and guess what, it wouldnt run. Answer then, buy diesel powered stuff.

Politicians dont care what kinf of rules they impose on us because they are above all of them. They dont drive, we pay someone to do that for them. They dont have to cover thier own health care, because they vote themselves a better deal. They dont have to go thru airport security because we pay to fly them on special jets to wherever thier little hearts desire. And in 4yrs in thier job and they get to retire with full pension and benifets. GRRRRRRRR :stirthepot:

So like one fellow said, you run out of gas on side of the road. You borrow a 2 gal "get me there" can. What do you do with the other 2 gal of gas? Run it out on the ground? I kow you go in and buy 4 of them huge soda cups, fill them up and tell them I'll be right back.