IGNORED

Diamond R passenger foot rests

XV1100SE

Just wondering if anyone that has these on a 2nd Gen (not triked) and what your thoughts are?

I like the idea of the passenger comfort but do they get in the riders way? When backing the bike up, do you make sure they are in the back position or can you back up the bike with them forward?

At $250 they seem expensive... but worthwhile?

My wife really likes them. They give her another riding position for those long rides.

They are expensive but still look new after two years.

While backing the bike up I have hit them with the backs of my calf twice when I was sitting on the bike and walking it backwards up a slight grade to get out of a parking space.

I hit my ankle on it once while getting onto the bike when it was left out, but only once.

I am glade I bought them for her.

Good luck with your decision

I have them. Shirley likes them fine.

My legs will hit them if they are in the up position but they just fold back when I hit them. Not a problem at all.

I got mine for considerably less from a member here, I balked at the $250 also but had I known how much Shirley would use them I would have payed it.

Don. You are thinking exactly as I did. I bought them for my wife for Christmas also. Very easy to install. And I'm the kind of guy that does everything the wrong way first.

I'm up north now until Sunday evening with the bike. I'm back to work days next week in Toronto if you like we could try to meet up so you can both try them out.

If you don't want to wait that long and want to ride up to Havelock area (east of Peterborough) pm me and I'll give you directions. We will take the two of you out on the lake also.

Dave

i have a set that still look new after 160,000 miles on my 03 since new, they are well worth the money and patti at diamond r is a sweetheart!

it took longer to remove them from the box than to install them.

pull the trigger, money well spent.

mike

I have them also Don and the wife wouldn't be without them now. Gives her a break to move her feet same as us with highway pegs. If Dave doesn't get a chance to meet up maybe we will someday. Just let me know.

My wife really loves them. They give her another position for her feet to rest.

They still look new after 8 years. While backing the bike up I have hit the backs of my calf more then once but we worked it out and no problems now that we communicate. I am glad we got them money well spent. She will thank you for them. I did go with a 1/2 in longer grade 8 bolt after the original snaped 200 miles from home on a Sunday ride. The bolt for the floor boards are not long enough or strong enough once the foot pegs are on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogman

... if you like we could try to meet up so you can both try them out. ...

I go back to work (days) next week as well. If you'd like to meet for a coffee after dinner that would be great !

Anyone else interested....

Ok Don I will be in touch next week. I'll speak with young Relic also since he also spoke up. He's been dodging us (ha ha, he's just so busy now) so good chance to get together.