IGNORED

Mustang seat? Yes/No/maybe?

msshearin

Ok guys and girls EUSA1 and I were discussing the Mustang wide, one piece seat. Best replacement for stock 2002 seat(not pillowtop)? Worth 650 bucks? Anyone got an extra one sitting around I can use for a day or two to try? 650 clams is a lot for a seat that doesn't feel any better than stock for my and my beautiful wife AKA passenger. Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.......that is all ;)

Ok guys and girls EUSA1 and I were discussing the Mustang wide, one piece seat. Best replacement for stock 2002 seat(not pillowtop)? Worth 650 bucks? Anyone got an extra one sitting around I can use for a day or two to try? 650 clams is a lot for a seat that doesn't feel any better than stock for my and my beautiful wife AKA passenger. Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.......that is all ;)

There are a bunch of folk who will craft you a seat, especially for that kind of money.

These guys consistently get the best reviews, although the Meyer seats are liked by many too.

http://www.day-long.com/index.html

Corbin, not so much and I haven't heard much about Mustang.

I bought a Mustang seat for my 08 Venture. I had it on long enough to do a 20 mile ride. Came home boxed it back up and shipped it back. I didn't like it at all. Made me sit way to high and I just didn't see that it was worth the money. There is a man on here in TX that puts memory foam in the seats. He did mine and my wife and I are well pleased. That was the best money I have spent on a seat.

But that is just my opinion. I am sure there are others who will praise the Mustang seat.

Damon

I had put one on my '06 RSTD and later sold it in favor of the Butler mood. Their essentially the same, rstd and rsv and to me the operator seat was to shallow and felt like half of me was setting on the tank. If your a big person it may not be for you. I just put the regal pillow top on my '08 Roadking and really like it. The hd model isn't near as shallow as the rsv version.

FYI There is one listed in the classifieds here for 495 shipped

I went with the Ultimate seats for my wife and I. I tried the Mustang and couldn't deal with how it pushed me forward and higher. Before i bought the Ultimate, my #*! was dying by the about 90 miles. Now I'll run a tank of gas out and not even get off the bike when I refuel.

I also bought their rider backrest, and their replacement passenger backrest. One cool thing about Ultimate is, you can get different color embroidery to match your bike, and I got the V4 logo put on the lower side of my rider seat in red to match my RSTD.

They will also trim it in snakeskin looking leather for jazziness if you want.