1. 1. how old are you?

• 16 - 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61 - 70
    • 71+

They might be surprised when the "Old Man" bike smokes them off the line....I have done that before

:whistling:

I have caused at least two HD riders to put significant money in their motors to alleviate the shame of an old fat guy on a barco-lounger totally embarrassing them.

Not to mention the run of the mill sportster or dyna that is a fleeting meeting.

Gary

I have caused at least two HD riders to put significant money in their motors to alleviate the shame of an old fat guy on a barco-lounger totally embarrassing them.

Not to mention the run of the mill sportster or dyna that is a fleeting meeting.

Gary

I love a story with a happy ending Gary

:thumbsup2:

Hey Brad; want to take on this old man's FJR? :backinmyday:

Herb....I could get myself in SO much trouble with that bike

:sign20:

The only reason they make comments like that is they know NOTHING about how to repair a bike and are afraid or to lazy to learn.

To ride the classic bikes you need to be willing to get your hands dirty once and awhile as more than one shop is staffed by "technicians" who can only plug a bike in and are lost when it comes to the classics. And by the way these bikes are Classics not old!

You ride and hold your head high as you're amongst the finest!

Welcome!

Well I ride a Venture with the Lady Friend but my other bike is a V65 sabre that I have owned since new. 105hp.at the rear wheel 565lbs. In her day before all the light weight repliracers she was a monster, topped only by the V Max the next year. I guess age is only mean you have more experience and the knowledge of how to use it. LOL!

:dancefool::thumbsup2::big-grin-emoticon:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My father used to say, "You're only as old as who you feel".

I ride occasionally with guys on age appropriate bikes. The youngest 20 something guy now rides one of those new Ducati Panigales. The middle 30 something guy is on a naked Buell. I ride a RSTD with a backrest. I think that sums it up. :detective:

• 2 weeks later...

Old?!?!? well, i guess so.. prefer to think of myself as experienced or seasoned..

my favorite Venture "trick".. cruising down the freeway at 70 - 75mph in 4th gear as we come alongside an HD rider or two. Give'm a little wave (or tip my coffee cup at'em), slide into 5th gear and motor away...

AZ speed limit is often 75...