I've done numerous searches but much to my surprise I can't seem to find much on the actual fuel range of the RSTD.

I realize it will vary depending on a number of issues but I'm trying to get an idea.

I always seem to be stopping for gas while on a trip but maybe it's the nature of the beast.

Anyway, on a full tank of gas, how far can you go.

thanks

Greg

Greg,

I had a '98 RSTD for about 4 years and if my memory serves me at all I was having the low fuel light come on around 140 miles or so. I remember averaging around 40 mpg on the babe and it had a 5 +/- gallons in the tank so should have been able to go 200 per tank but I never pushed her that far. I guess I just hated the thought of having to push her if I ran dry.

Hope this helps,

Norm

Just got back from a trip and on one of the legs I did the math. 188mi / 4.165gal. appx 45mpg. That leg was mostly back roads w/ some average twisty/sweepers. 55mph and below.

My RSV is stock except for RK pipes and K&N filters. Also I have punched the filler neck so I start with the same amount of gas at every fill-up.

sp!ke

normal mileage about 40-42 mpg

Light starts flashing between 145 and 158 miles. usually takes 3.8 to 4 gal.

Have pushed it out to 200 miles before and only took around 5 gallons.

We always start looking for gas when it starts flashing and start getting nervous around 180 miles.

Wife and I just returned from taking Skyline Drive / Blue Ridge Parkway from Front Royal, Va, to around Asheville, NC. We would look for fuel at about 140 miles and usually put in 3.5 gallons or so. We have since graded to the Venture tank so we have an extra gallon. Haven't ridden a lot since we returned.

I'm just back from vacation and I was getting 12.3 kms/liter. My Fuel light came on (not on reserve and I think I had 7L or so left) at 208kms......I was riding 2 up pulling a full trailer. Not sure if you have the same tank size as a Venture ?

Keith

Big difference is in the speed your travelling. 50 mph highways, 60 mph or 70+.

I recently got 185 miles and filled up with 4,8 gallons and most of that riding was 65 mph. Obviously the speed increase or decrease is relative.

Also depends on how much fuel you get in the tank to start.

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
I've done numerous searches but much to my surprise I can't seem to find much on the actual fuel range of the RSTD.

I realize it will vary depending on a number of issues but I'm trying to get an idea.

I always seem to be stopping for gas while on a trip but maybe it's the nature of the beast.

Anyway, on a full tank of gas, how far can you go.

thanks

Greg

Hi Greg

I can go about 170 miles @ 65 to 70 MPH before the low fuel trip meter comes on . When I fill up it will usually take around 4 Gal. I aveage around 43-45 MPG. I've got as much as 47 MPG on flat roads down south. If you don't do 80 or 85 you can get 190 miles without running out of gas. That would include a little of the reserve fuel. When the fuel meter starts counting miles I go about 20 miles then stop for gas. This really all depends on the hills and the speed.

You guys get way better mileage than me. My count up starts around 110 and I am sweating bullets at 150 miles. I've been bone dry at 85 too, with a west Texas head wind.

Counting up about 120 for me. West Texas with the 80+ speed limit a factor. Cant wait to go back.

Hello Everyone: My 05 Tour deluxe gets 40 mpg give or take a few miles. My fuel gauge begins flashing and counting up at 125-135 miles. I get nervous when that happens. Maybe I could stretch it another 40 miles, but I sure hate to push. My butt or bladder usually win the war anyway. I never pass a chance to top the tank off. Better safe than sorry.:)

• 2 weeks later...

the light starts flashing on my rs between 135 and 145 miles....i have ridden as far as 160 miles and still never had to flip the tank to reserve.

if i keep it 65 mph and under i will get 40 mpg...if i run it at 80+ mpg i get about 36-37 mpg

seems to be the norm on the boulevard with the standard tank...

• 4 weeks later...