After reinstalling the forks and top triple tree clamp I can't find the harness end of the ignition plug. It's red and should stand out like Santa Claus at the beach but I've spent over an hour poking around in there and could not find it.

Where should I look for the harness end?

Hmmm... 64 views and nothing... oh well.

The ignition most likely connects to the TCI so now would be a good time to relocate it and will hopefully find the other end of the ignition switch connector at the same time.

:buttkick:

After reinstalling the forks and top triple tree clamp I can't find the harness end of the ignition plug. It's red and should stand out like Santa Claus at the beach but I've spent over an hour poking around in there and could not find it.

Where should I look for the harness end?

Headlight bucket area. Does not go into TCI.

They are in lower right corner of picture, still tucked inside bucket.

Gary

Make sure it did not get pinched in the forks lower area when you reinstalled the forks or shoved into the side upper fairing area...
I had read your little tidbit of advice in a prior thread and as a result, took care when reassembling so that no wires managed to get caught or pinched. It is little, seemingly insignificant or obvious tips like that which often turn out to be so very important when doing a job. Thanks for taking the time to throw in a few small words of wisdom. :clap2:

Headlight bucket area. Does not go into TCI.[/size][/font]

They are in lower right corner of picture, still tucked inside bucket.

The harness I am looking for may very well go into the headlight area but I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. The ignition key switch mounted to the front of the top triple tree has a bundle of wires coming out of it about 8" long that terminate in a red connector. This connector, on my bike at least, floats around in the fork area and is visible almost all the time. The wiring does not appear to be long enough for the connector to have been in the headlight area. Of course one never knows what a PO has done. The wires from the switch to the connector are in a protective cover.

I must have tucked the harness end out of the way while I was maneuvering the triple tree to remove it. The point being, the connector I am looking for would not likely have been near the front of the headlight area. However, it may possibly come out above the shield that separates the fork area from the headlight area. Perhaps when I tucked it away it fell out of sight behind the shield into the headlight area if that is where it came from. If it came from the TCI area then it could be dangling somewhere down by the rad.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I better finish this thread off. Turns out I was having a brain fart, if not a hemorrhage so it is no wonder no one knew what I was referring to. Turns out the red connector I was looking for was on the cruise control dash that mounts on the steering head which, of course was sitting out of sight on the bench at the time.

Sometimes life is not like a box of chocolates.