IGNORED

first ride on the venture

OK yesterday evening I had to ride the venture home left my suburban at the office no gas took it to work today and now I can't stop riding it its addictive ( been 20yrs since i last rode ) got my tag for it but I have a few problems that I need to fix the warning light stays on flashed twice on me last night no brake light from front lever front tire is dry rot not bad but still rotting carbs need sync it needs right mirror got to find the problem on the compressor control panel lose wire my guess is which one speakers are shot I will be doing a lot of reading in the tech library on these problems but may ask y'all for some help on things I may not comprehend oh and it needs a lot of tlc and I plan to give it :cool10: thanks for all yall's help

Congratulations on the new ride Paul. I had the mirrors for that until last week....sold them to a new member here. I still do have a few things if needed. I also have a carb tune my friend. I've never used it on a first gen but I think we can figure it out. Let me know we'll get on it. Carl:thumbsup2:

Make changing the tire proirity 1!!! You should never use a tire more than 6 years old according to the tire manufacturers! A few tears ago there was a TV program on the subject where Sears was selling older new tires and a few people lost their lives from blowouts caused from older tires. Every tire has a date code stamped on it, the first 2 numbers are the year of manufacture, and the second 2 are the week of the year...

Make changing the tire proirity 1!!! You should never use a tire more than 6 years old according to the tire manufacturers! A few tears ago there was a TV program on the subject where Sears was selling older new tires and a few people lost their lives from blowouts caused from older tires. Every tire has a date code stamped on it, the first 2 numbers are the year of manufacture, and the second 2 are the week of the year...

thanks bongobobny for the info didnot know how the date code worked ive been riding local all back roads 35 to 40 mph tire is also cupping so dont want that on there for to long

I'll check and see if the extra mirror I have is left or right.. can't remember..

thanks KIC if it is a right mirror let me know what you want for it

If you want to take a road trip, come over to Texas and we'll change the tires out and give it a good once over

:thumbsup2:

sounds good Squidley i will have to trailer it for the run just need to set some days aside to do this with work so i will get back with you on this thanks

sounds good Squidley i will have to trailer it for the run just need to set some days aside to do this with work so i will get back with you on this thanks

oh i smell a road trip brewing :cool10::fingers-crossed-emo

The doors open and we'll leave the lights on for you

:)

its not the first ride but maybe the 20th since last friday i have lost my speedo this morning on the way to work and had an leo flash his lights at me got to the office pulled the bike in the shop and started tearing down the winshiend and headlight bucket got the cabel back on it came lose and fell out any way orderd my front tire it will be in tuesday back tire is next week to order ive got quite a few thing to go over before the wife will let me plan a tripp to Texas and let Squidley give the bike a good once over