I know this has been decussed before,but I need to know if I install 1 1/2 risers what do I do about the rubber bushing between the bars and fairing? Is there a replacement for this bushing?

I have a set that have a faux 1" aluminum stud mounted to the side to give the rubber mounts something to ride on... I've seen posts by other members that have done.. flipped something and jammed the rubber in there...

Check out this thread, which includes several photos (posts #7, 12, 24, 25, 30 & 31) of how other members have handled the issue:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44815

I have had the longer risers installed for more than 7,000 miles without the rubber dampeners and nothing in their place. It has not posed any problems (yet?).

Good luck!

Edited by SteveP
Fixed the link.

I don't know how you guys are installing the 1 1/2" risers. I put a set on my 07 RSV and the caps/clamp that hold the handlebars on hit the chrome ignition cover to the point it buckled under full left/right lock. I took them off and sent them back. How are you avoiding the buckling issue?

.... How are you avoiding the buckling issue?

I do not have the chrome ignition cover, only the stock black. The risers do hit at full left/right, but only enough to put a small blemish at the point of contact. I guess the chrome is subject to cracking, but the stock black plastic ignition cover works fine with the risers as long as you don't mind the minor cosmetic imperfection.

If you want to get real energetic you can remove the outer fairing and loosen the inner fairing, slide the rubbers in as they were originally and then tighten down the inner fairing and reinstall the outer fairing. This makes for a really good fit for the rubbers and secures the fairing eliminates any rattling and any movement of the fairing.

I do not have the chrome ignition cover, only the stock black. The risers do hit at full left/right, but only enough to put a small blemish at the point of contact. I guess the chrome is subject to cracking, but the stock black plastic ignition cover works fine with the risers as long as you don't mind the minor cosmetic imperfection.

I cut the bezel so the risers wouldn't hit it..My steering now has full unrestricted motion and I can lock the steering with the ignition key...

I cut the bezel so the risers wouldn't hit it..My steering now has full unrestricted motion and I can lock the steering with the ignition key...

Same thing I did. Works fine.

Also, jamb the spacers back between the fairing and the bars. The fairing will vibrate without them. Bad for plastic to vibrate.

RR

someone here made a set of foo bars out of 1" aluminum round stock. Cut the round stock into 1 1/2" lengths drill a hole through them. dill and tap the risers to except a 1/4-20 bolt, bolt the foo bar to the riser to take the place of the original bars. Iv'e seen picture here in VR. can't remember who or where. I did the same thing with off the shelf bushing, washers and 1/4-20 bolts from Lowes.

Cutting on the chrome ignition cover is not an option. I will probably just do the Flanders bars with longer cables. More expensive, but not hacked.