IGNORED

Want to talk with 86-93 Venture owner

lark19netzero.net

Looking to talk to 86-93 Venture owner. [not someone selling one] I am thinking about buying one and would like to talk and look at one in my area. I am located in Stockbridge, Mich. Between Lansing and Ann Arbor. If you can help me , that would be appreciated. I am willing to travel to your place or will meet where you want. I currently own a BMW and two Guzzis. [can you ever have too many sickles?] Anyway, I think I want a touring bike and these bikes interest me. Please feel free to call [517] 851-7402 Mornings are best. Weekends I'm riding, but I'm always home for dinner. Or you can e-mail me here. Thanks, James

Jim, you have certainly come to the right place for info about 1st gen Ventures. I stumbled across this forum when I was thinking of buying an 88 Venture Royale, and the result has been an amazing amount of information as well as assistance and new friends.

You will also find an amazing amount of info about the characteristics of the 1st gen Venture in various threads on this forum that are easy to search, including it's weak points (which are few) and what to look for when considering a purchase.

What year and model of Guzzi's do you have?

Welcome to the site. WARNING..these bikes are contagious ! and so is this dang site...:shock3:

I started looking into the 1st Gen Venture after riding my friend's 2nd Gen, and another friend getting a 1st Gen.

I was out of town and asked this site for a few tips on an 89 VR that I was going to look at in that town. I received the list below.

I looked at two 1st Gens and used the list. One guy was so impressed he asked me to email him the list in case he kept his brother's bike, he would know what to look at fixing.

9 months later I have two 1st Gens and two parts bikes. Even sold my beautiful, loved and trusted KLR650 to buy the 2nd 1st Gen so my son could ride with me.

Now another friend is searching for a good clean 1st Gen to pick up.

Good luck !

CHECKLIST for 1st Generation VENTURES.doc

DO NOT BUY AND RUN FROM THIS SITE!!! As a public service in the interest of safety for all concerned the good people of the forum are trying to remove all 1st gens from the general public. What we ask is that you let us know if you see a 1st gen for sale we send a member in that area to purchase so nobody gets hurt. These bikes are scary fast, esp. the blue ones. The amount of time spent riding and cleaning and adding stuff is bad for marriages. Finally it appears that 1 bike is not enough so then money becomes an issue again bad for marriages.

If you need me i'll be in confession for awhile and i ain't catholic. If you find a good one buy it you won't be disappointed and join this site it is the BEST:rotf::080402gudl_prv: