IGNORED

looking for headset options

Skid

Skid.... I sort of made one from an old head set for a 3/4 helmet. I cut the speaker wires off and then I use a wire tie to hook the microphone side of my half helmet. It works great and I can listen through the bike speakers. I will show you when I get there and I also may have an extra old one laying around. I will check and bring it if you want.

Bob Dakin told me this week that he had bought a couple of half helmets and IMC headsets. He said that they work great and he is actually impressed with the speakers. He bought the type that goes around the back of the head but they also have some that fit into the neck curtain pockets. He said he paid in the $70.00 range for them.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=248

We did buy a couple of these to go with the half helmets.. the speakers are great but the mike is not as directional as the J.M.s....they tend to pick up wind noise. we have the mic-mute so when we are not talking we just shut the mikes off.

I think they are going to be just fine, especially for the $75. Got them at Sierra electronics if any one is interested.

Bob

Bob Dakin told me this week that he had bought a couple of half helmets and IMC headsets. He said that they work great and he is actually impressed with the speakers. He bought the type that goes around the back of the head but they also have some that fit into the neck curtain pockets. He said he paid in the $70.00 range for them.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=248

I have both types and the ones that fit in the neck curtains work real well, Sierra Electronics has them for 120.00. If you don't have a Scorpian Helment the JM headset will clamp onto a half helmet if you have speaker puches in your neck curtains.