IGNORED

Star Demo Days

bj66

I got an email showing that Star Demo Days will be in Sturgis again this year. I read all the way through the list of bikes available to test and noticed no Venture AGAIN........I think you can go to the yamaha website and see the list. Click on news and events on the top header. Then click display and demo schedule. It shows places and lists the bikes available to test ride.

Maybe the reason they dont test ride the venture, is that they are almost out of casette decks. Once they are gone they will have to discontinue the bike.........If they test it, they might sell too many.........:doh:

I got an email showing that Star Demo Days will be in Sturgis again this year. I read all the way through the list of bikes available to test and noticed no Venture AGAIN........I think you can go to the yamaha website and see the list. Click on news and events on the top header. Then click display and demo schedule. It shows places and lists the bikes available to test ride.

Lets face it. The Venture is dead... If Y does release a 2013 it will only be a different color. Nothing more. I bet there hasn't been a Venture off the assembly line in 3-4 years, and once the warehouses are empty of crated bikes it'll be over. It all boils down to the almighty buck. If they can't make a decent profit on the bike they're going to go another direction. The way the economy has been declining for the last 4 years they're going with the cheaper to build, and affortable off-road and street bikes. That's where the market and dollars are. They're not stupid. IMHO.....

I agree 100 percent. Yamaha puts their attention on the atv, dirt bike, and the mid price point cruisers. The higher the price tag, the harder they are to sell. Around here you see a few snowmobiles, and a ton of atvs and Rhinos. I dont pay much attention to the crotch rockets etc., but when you talk atvs around here Yamaha is a strong contender. Even though the local Yamaha dealer isnt that great.

I went on a Make A Wish poker run last weekend. Of about 100 or so bikes, there were quite a few metrics, alot of road stars, v stars, Kaw Vulcans with an occasional Suzuki sprinkled in. When it came to the full dressers. it was HD hands down. There were quite a few wings, and most of them were older models. And yes there was 1 1st gen Venture. Looks like Yamaha sells most bikes in the 10,000 or less range to me.