IGNORED

Need Right Lower Cowling For 2000MM

Obber

Need a Right side lower cowling for 2000 RSV MM. Looked on Pinwall Cycle Parts with out any luck. Couple of web sites show they can get the part, but being a 12 year old bike I'm concerned that Yamaha would even have any of these left. Does anyone have any sugestions where I might look, or someone, on the outside chance, have one laying around they don't need?

Edited by Obber
Can't Spell

Thanks, chatted with them and they said the parts are still available, but would come from Japan and would take 2 to 3 weeks. Think I might order boths sides. Have some rock chips on the left side, beside free shipping if I order both.

• 8 months later...

After further talking to Power Sports Plus and several other Yamaha dealers over the past few months they cannot guarantee I would get the color I need. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have also been watch ebay, but so far no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After further talking to Power Sports Plus and several other Yamaha dealers over the past few months they cannot guarantee I would get the color I need. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have also been watch ebay, but so far no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buy a couple of used lowers and have them color matched and painted. After 12 years the paint of the bike will have faded a bit.... Matching them with a spectometer is the way to go.

I can get the color you need, I am not sure why they told you that. I got mine in 9 days.

Well I Ordered both lowers from Partzilla yesterday. Got an email from them today that said the left side was no longer available, but the right side was available and would ship out Thursday. Which is the side I needed. Would have been nice to have had both sides, but sometimes you got to take what you can get. Thanks for everyones help in this matter.:thumbsup2: