IGNORED

Rivco Centerstand

Jactana

Hello: I saw in a recent post that BigLenny has a Rivco center stand. I called him on the phone. Really nice guy. He likes his stand, but indicated it takes a lot of effort to get the bike up on it. I am going to pass. I really want a ride off stand instead. I had one on my 1981 Honda CB900 and sure would like one for my RSTD if anyone makes one??:)

I dont know for sure as mine is an 85 G1 , but I would think it might be hard to get onto the center stand with the bike lowered, and there may be issues with clearance on driveways entrances, etc.

You could do something a lot of G1 riders do to make it easier to get the bike on the center stand and thats to just park on a 2x4 with you rear tire, it gives you a good lift and its way easier to get the bike onto the stand.

Brian

I've had a Rivco Centerstand before on a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate and had no issues getting it on the stand. I'm just worried that with the extra height created by the leveling links that the stand will not lift the bike high enough to get the rear wheel off the ground, rendering it kind of useless. Ron

ah, that changes things, I was under the impression that the levelling links lowered the bike, if it raises the bike it does create some different iissues, for sure.

Maybe instead of buying the center stand you could talk to carbon One and get one of his jack stand adapters with legs. then you could just leave the bike on it for work to be done or winter

storage.

ah, that changes things, I was under the impression that the levelling links lowered the bike, if it raises the bike it does create some different iissues, for sure.

Maybe instead of buying the center stand you could talk to carbon One and get one of his jack stand adapters with legs. then you could just leave the bike on it for work to be done or winter

storage.

The leveling links raise the rear of the bike approx. 1" reducing the rake and trail improving the handling substantially. Aside from maintenance and cleaning issues, I'd like a centerstand as I have a monowheel trailer that would be more easily connected and disconnected if the bike was perfectly upright. Ron

Yes, I have a Rivco center stand. I do not have the leveling links though. I was at Bikes Blues and BBQ and Rivco was there. I bought it and had them install it right then and have never regretted it. They aren't cheap, but overall I'm glad I spent the money.

The only complaint I have is you gotta get aggressive with it to get it up on the stand. I am 6'6" and 300lbs, and I have to stand on it with my whole weight, and give it a strong tug on the rear bag guard to get it up.

They are a quality built product. Since I had them install it, I have no recommendation as to how easy they are to self install.

Yes, I have a Rivco center stand. I do not have the leveling links though. I was at Bikes Blues and BBQ and Rivco was there. I bought it and had them install it right then and have never regretted it. They aren't cheap, but overall I'm glad I spent the money.

The only complaint I have is you gotta get aggressive with it to get it up on the stand. I am 6'6" and 300lbs, and I have to stand on it with my whole weight, and give it a strong tug on the rear bag guard to get it up.

They are a quality built product. Since I had them install it, I have no recommendation as to how easy they are to self install.

Could you tell me how high the rear tire is off the ground when it is on the centerstand?

Ron

Thats a true measurement. I just did it with a tape. Lol.

Thanks for going and measuring it, I have an opportunity to pick up a centerstand for 125.00 + shipping, but didn't want to buy it if it wouldn't work with the links installed. 1.5 inches should be enough.:cool10: Thanks again. Ron

I have the rivco and the links

It is easier to get onto the stand because the bike sits higher and if you want more ground clearance to the rear wheel, just let the air out of the rear shock after its in the up position. And for those that have trouble getting the bike up onto the stand... Put max air in rear shock first!